Brewers - Diamondbacks 6 player trade

iWiN4PreP

Nice deal by Josh Byrnes here. If Davis rebounds, they majorly win this trade, and Estrada was always going to be traded with Snyder and Montero splitting the duties at catcher.

The D-Backs are my major sleeper team next season. Here's what their lineup and rotation looks like;

Rotation:

Webb - 3.10 ERA

Davis - 4.91 ERA

Hernandez - 3.76 ERA in 10GS for the D-Backs

Cruz - 4.18 ERA

Edgar Gonzalez - 4.22 ERA

Lineup:

Drew - SS

Hudson - 2B

Quentin - RF

Byrnes (if he's re-signed) - CF

Tracy - 3B

Jackson - 1B

LF - (Could be Hairston, Gonzales or a FA)

C - Snyder on Montero

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
Nice deal by Josh Byrnes here. If Davis rebounds, they majorly win this trade, and Estrada was always going to be traded with Snyder and Montero splitting the duties at catcher.

The D-Backs are my major sleeper team next season. Here's what their lineup and rotation looks like;

Rotation:

Webb - 3.10 ERA

Davis - 4.91 ERA

Hernandez - 3.76 ERA in 10GS for the D-Backs

Cruz - 4.18 ERA

Edgar Gonzalez - 4.22 ERA

Lineup:

Drew - SS

Hudson - 2B

Quentin - RF

Byrnes (if he's re-signed) - CF

Tracy - 3B

Jackson - 1B

LF - (Could be Hairston, Gonzales or a FA)

C - Snyder on Montero

Only one correction. Young will have the CF job and Hairston/Byrnes will battle for the LF spot. The loser will be traded according to sources with the Dbacks.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
IMO D. Davis is a solid pitcher, the thing about this is tho, brewerds traded him because he will be a free agent after 2007.

I heard the real prize Arizona got though was Dana Eveland. His MLB numbers don't like good, but his MiLB stats do.

And we also got rid of the fat/lazy whining catcher in Johnny Estrada. I didn't think it could happen but it looks like he replaced Javier Vasquez as most hated Ex-player.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&amp...06&id=14859

Doug Davis goes to Arizona, along with J. Erstada going to brewers.

The Dbacks are still very interseted in Freddy Garcia or one of the Sox's starters. The Dbacks need another starter from somewhere and that stocked farm system should come in handy.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 04:20 AM)
The Dbacks are still very interseted in Freddy Garcia or one of the Sox's starters. The Dbacks need another starter from somewhere and that stocked farm system should come in handy.

I'd make the deal for Hairston and that 2nd-base prospect of theirs, although that looks (on paper) quite lopsided in favor of the Sox.

I'd be looking at prospects like these for Freddy;

Carlos Gonzalez (Toolsy OF) - Hit .300/.356/.563 in the CAL league (think that's high A ball).

Micah Owings (RHSP) - 6-2, 2.91 ERA, 69/17 K/BB ratio in AA, 10-0, 3.70 ERA, 61/34 K/BB ratio in AAA in the PCL.

Ross Ohlendorf (RHSP) - 10-8, 3.29 ERA, 125 / 29 K/BB ratio in AA.

Greg Smith (LHSP) - 9-0, 1.63 ERA, 71/31 K/BB ratio in high A, 5-4, 3.90 ERA, 38/23 K/BB ratio in AA.

Matt Torra (RHSP who missed time this season with an arm injury, but highly rated) - 0-1, 1.80 ERA with 20/5 K/BB ratio in low A ball I think.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
I'd make the deal for Hairston and that 2nd-base prospect of theirs, although that looks (on paper) quite lopsided in favor of the Sox.

It would be for the Sox's but it maybe not for the Dbacks considering all the debt this team has and the FA market being out of this world and the 2 players Hairston (out of options & blocked), Callaspo is blocked by Drew, Hudson and others. Freddy would be a huge upgrade over whomever we had in the 2nd or 3rd spot last year.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
It would be for the Sox's but it maybe not for the Dbacks considering all the debt this team has and the FA market being out of this world and the 2 players Hairston (out of options & blocked), Callaspo is blocked by Drew, Hudson and others. Freddy would be a huge upgrade over whomever we had in the 2nd or 3rd spot last year.

I know Hairston is being considered for the LF spot this year, but can he play 2B? That's what he's listed as on BaseballCube, but I've never heard or seen him having a shot at 2B once Hudson leaves.

If he can handle 2nd (decently enough), then I'd hope to get one of their pitchers in the deal. Owings is a guy that one of the minor league experts on another board has raved about, so he'd be a nice addition.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
I know Hairston is being considered for the LF spot this year, but can he play 2B? That's what he's listed as on BaseballCube, but I've never heard or seen him having a shot at 2B once Hudson leaves.

If he can handle 2nd (decently enough), then I'd hope to get one of their pitchers in the deal. Owings is a guy that one of the minor league experts on another board has raved about, so he'd be a nice addition.

I think he is better off as 2nd baseman. And Owings I believe has a strong future seen him a lot in Tucson. He really did very well in the very hitters freindly PCL/TEP.