Did anyone catch this

kwill

Daily Herald did an article explaining the recent trade. They obviously took qoutes from kenny and he said at one " We are expecting to do another move very soon and it wont be to the delight of much fan fair". To be honest thats not exactly it but close... I hope its not tradign away MB

QUOTE(kwill @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
Daily Herald did an article explaining the recent trade. They obviously took quotes from Kenny and he said at one 'We are expecting to do another move very soon and it wont be to the delight of much fan fair'. To be honest thats not exactly it but close... I hope its not tradign away MB

It could mean a few things. But "fan fair" means in essence 'celebration' or 'news worthy'. The way I read the quote as you have it, the pending trade will not be any big deal.

After talking about the Sisco trade, Williams said another roster move is likely to be announced today. The GM predicts it’ll be publicly received with little fanfare.

“We think it’ll be a big move internally,’’ Williams said.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp

Sounds like a roster move, maybe Stewart.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
He actually didn't say that, at all. He said it will be a minor more that won't catch much fanfare,meaning a smaller move, but something that they feel is important.

I still think it will be for a backup C.

As long as it's not Sandy Alomar.

Bob

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
KW said it would happen yesterday, but we're still waiting.

Joel Pineiro, eh? I don't see the point, he provides us nothing.

Hmmmm ... Me thinks it was the Toby Hall signing. Just call it a hunch.

I'd love to see us sign Pineiro for our pen. But, I think he'll get a sizeable offer to be in someone's rotation.

I know that he's been bad the last couple of years but a few years back, I thought he had some of the best stuff in the league.

If there's a guy that's worth giving Coop the chance to fix it's Pineiro !

QUOTE(kwill @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 04:18 AM)
Daily Herald did an article explaining the recent trade. They obviously took qoutes from kenny and he said at one " We are expecting to do another move very soon and it wont be to the delight of much fan fair". To be honest thats not exactly it but close... I hope its not tradign away MB

If he trades MB So be it. MB is gonna take off to the Cards at years end anyways.

:hawk: