PS3

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(pierard @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
I own a PS3 and a 360 so I honestly do not have any long term preference over either, but saying that Halo 3 and Gears of War are the only 360 exclusives worth anything is crazy. Here is a list of games exclusive to the 360 that look/are pretty damn good (note some will be out on PC -- but my PC sucks):

Alan Wake

Fable 2

Mass Effect

Halo Wars

Lost Odyssey (From Final Fantasy composer and producer)

Blue Dragon (from Chrono Trigger team)

Dead Rising

G.R.A.W

Kane and Lynch

Crackdown

Shadowrun

Too Human

Splinter Cell 5

Halo 3

Gears of War

Project Gotham 4

Forza Motorsport 2

Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Viva Pinata (seriously, it's fun)

Banjo 3

Circle of Doom

Sony has lots of great games coming out also, they just need to come out soon because I'm getting bored of playing the same game over and over.

I'd say Halo and Gears are still the only ones worth anything. I have both systems, bought them a day apart from each other. I haven't heard anything about the Xbox 360 getting a DVR, but I know the PS3 is supposedly getting that capability.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155888

Phil Harrison Hints at PS3 Firmware Features

Look for XMB multi-tasking, access to your PS3's content via Internet.

By Patrick Klepek, 12/13/2006

Next March has been hinted as the release date for the first substantial firmware upgrade on PlayStation 3, which Sony President of Worldwide Studios Phil Harrison apparently confirmed to those who attended a meet-and-greet with the man coordinated by Sony-funded blog ThreeSpeech.

According to the attendee, XMB multi-tasking (to what extent, however, is unknown -- can we browse the Internet while downloading a demo?), new XMB display options (a fix for the scaling issues?), new animations for audio playback, new photo album options, PlayStation Store auto-resume and a PSP Remote Access option to access PS3 content via any Internet connection are all on the table.

Sony also plans to incorporate Tivo-like features into the machine sometime in the late summer/early fall of next year.

There were also hints about the impending European launch, which may occur on March 3rd, 2007, if the attendee interpreted Harrison's suggestions correctly. Additionally, gamers shouldn't expect to see many (if any) 20GB models available overseas, a decision we'd speculate is due to the desire to take advantage of a slow production line by maximizing profits.

European gamers worried their PlayStation Network IDs have already been taken by the rest of the world can also rest easy in knowing Sony will start allowing users to register their names in the next few weeks.

BTW, HDMI cables only costs like 20 bucks at the most on monoprice.com

Also, MLB2k7 sounds awesome for the PS3 and looks awesome. The old MVP Baseball developer is the lead developer on this one.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/757/757057p1.html

If you dont feel like waiting for the PS3 to release the Tivo like features on its own, http://www.ps3-hacks.com/ is a place which will show you how to do it on your own. Also you could already copy games and Blu Ray movies to the HD of the PS3.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pierard @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
I own a PS3 and a 360 so I honestly do not have any long term preference over either, but saying that Halo 3 and Gears of War are the only 360 exclusives worth anything is crazy. Here is a list of games exclusive to the 360 that look/are pretty damn good (note some will be out on PC -- but my PC sucks):

Alan Wake

Mass Effect

Halo 3

Gears of War

Banjo Threeie

Sony has lots of great games coming out also, they just need to come out soon because I'm getting bored of playing the same game over and over.

The rest are either coming to the PS3(SC, DR, GRAW), have far better franchise equivalents on other systems(Blue Dragon, FMS), need cheap ploys to help them sell(Crackdown), or will go on and become the worst game of all-time(I'm looking at you, Too Human).

But Mass Effect belongs in the OMFG GREATEZT GAME EVAR category. I hope it lives up to expectations.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
I'd say Halo and Gears are still the only ones worth anything. I have both systems, bought them a day apart from each other. I haven't heard anything about the Xbox 360 getting a DVR, but I know the PS3 is supposedly getting that capability.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155888

BTW, HDMI cables only costs like 20 bucks at the most on monoprice.com

Also, MLB2k7 sounds awesome for the PS3 and looks awesome. The old MVP Baseball developer is the lead developer on this one.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/757/757057p1.html

If you dont feel like waiting for the PS3 to release the Tivo like features on its own, http://www.ps3-hacks.com/ is a place which will show you how to do it on your own. Also you could already copy games and Blu Ray movies to the HD of the PS3.

Those graphics are freaking unreal.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
The rest are either coming to the PS3(SC, DR, GRAW), have far better franchise equivalents on other systems(Blue Dragon, FMS), need cheap ploys to help them sell(Crackdown), or will go on and become the worst game of all-time(I'm looking at you, Too Human).

But Mass Effect belongs in the OMFG GREATEZT GAME EVAR category. I hope it lives up to expectations.

You are probably right, but I am personally really excited about Fable 2...and Bioshock (PS3 or 360).

Edited by pierard

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:20 AM)
yeah I heard that metal gear solid rumor of going to 360, but i havent been able to find any real solid information about them going to 360. In the end im fairly positive it will be a ps3 only game and looking at the like 10 minute trailer I have of it... will be amazing.

I agree. Like someone said earlier, MGS4 is filling up the entire Blu-ray disc which means they would have to cut significant parts or make the graphics look really really cheap to port it over to 360.

Right now I don't own either, though I may end up getting a PS3 once Lair, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword come out depending on how good they are (which apparently means sometime in the summer for me). There are also a couple of others coming out at some point in 2007 like Killzone and Devil May Cry 4 that could do that as well (and of course there are a few that are on both systems). I probably can't say the same thing about an XBox360 until Halo 3 comes out, and I probably wouldn't buy both systems. That's just my taste in games though, I've always been a bit of a Sony guy.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
I'm thinking about buying a PS3 and I'm curious as to what game I should get along with it. I see a bunch of games I want but most of them aren't out yet. What games do you recommend?

Resistance for sure. I have NBA 2k7, which is good, but I dunno, it's getting old. Most sports games are like that with me though because it's the same thing over and over again (I get tired of Madden after a couple of months too). I hear Tiger Woods and Fight Night are cool.

I have Resistance, NFS: Carbon, Call of Duty 3, Madden 07, and NBA2K7. Resistance has held me over for awhile. I've beaten NFS Carbon already and that was pretty cool as well.

Madden and NBA2K7 and they're both pretty good if you have someone to play against. Bad thing about Madden is there is no roster update online for some reason.

MLB2K7 and Rainbow Six will be coming out soon which will be great as well.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
Finally beat Resistance. Awesome game. And I hate Cliffhanger endings when number 2 won't be out for atleast two more years.

I've yet to beat the single player mode. I usually play CTF online. Somerset has an unreal amount of glitches. Nothing pisses me off more than getting killed by a guy in a glitch. But nothing makes me happier than killing a guy in one of the glitches. : )

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
GTA4 railer gets released today. Heard they were running commercials just to showcase when the trailer would be released. It was released at 5 today but basically every website that carries it has too much traffic to even get it.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

Loaded in about 10 seconds for me.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
It's actually New York from the looks of it. Glad to see they went with an actual city rather than a clone.

Agreed, saw the Chrysler Building in the trailer along with the Statue of Liberty. Glad it will be a realistic city. I wonder how close/real they will be able to make it look.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 04:23 AM)
Picked up Elder Scrolls IV today. What a deep and impressive game. This game is a MUST for any RPG fans.

Got it for the PC, and my first twelve hours I haven't even done anything with tha campaign yet. The game is just massive. Does the PS3 version include the new expansion?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
Got it for the PC, and my first twelve hours I haven't even done anything with tha campaign yet. The game is just massive. Does the PS3 version include the new expansion?

Not sure. I don't think so. I put in about 5 hours today (I couldn't stop) and I haven't touched the campaign either.