Don't be mad

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

We took a series from the Cubs! Lets be glad!

Although I am concerned of when Prior and Wood start next weekend...could be a couple of long games...

That's why we should be mad.

We had a chance to go 3-3 in Wrigley.

Now they win 2 of 3 next weekend and what did we gain?

I'm just mad cause we hooked Colon when it was still 1-0.

Maybe his finger hurt; if so, I guess I just credit the Cubs.

Guest wsc425

Great Post.

I hope we can take 2 of 3 from Minnesota.

Look at those Cub fans being happy they won a game.

Chimp deserves to die.

A season split against a near-1st-place team.

You do realize that that near-first place team is in the second worst division in all of baseball, right?

You put the Cubs in ANY other division, and they are atleast a 3rd place team, and probably worse in most divisions....even with that starting pitching. The Astros have s*** for starting pitching, and the Cardinals have so many injuries I don't know who is and who isn't injured on their roster anymore(if I am thinkly correctly, Rolen, Vina, Cairo are injured off the top of my head....and I know that Pujols, Edmonds, Drew, Williams, Morris, and probably even more have been injured in some aspect somehow this year). I think even WE could be leading that division. JM just thinks that we can't play small ball because we are in the AL. You think he'd get a clue after we are very s***ty playing with the DH, yet when the pitcher bats and we are forced to use small ball in some situations, we do much better. If I'm thinking right, we were 5-4 in NL parks, right? Does he realize how close we were to actually winning some of those games, and had we had some GOOD MANAGING MOVES, we could have been 6-3 or 7-2?

For a powerhouse offense to work, you need to play a little small ball. You get runners stealing bases on a constant basis, the pitchers will make mistakes, and those mistakes will be hit very hard and sometimes will land a very long ways a way. In 2000, we did that better then almost any team in recent memory. We got a ton of singles, and when a pitcher would finally get worn out to a certain point, he'd start throwing get-me-over's, and we'd kill them. It works very well.

personally,going in-I didn't think we'd win any games.Then-we win the first two.But again,we couldn't close out a sweep or another close game.No-I'm not gonna feel good-we let another winnable game go down the drain.We can count 3-4 games just this past week or two that we should have won.We've probably let enough winnable games go for a season already.We have a team that should be in first.

I can't imagine feeling good about so many games lost-that we should've easily won.

K-Y

can people stop making it seem as though Prior and Wood are the greatest pitchers ever?!!!

I hate how sox fans are RELIEVED we didn't face them.

THIS IS THE CROSSTOWN SERIES - it doesn't make a f***ing differance who pitches or who bats, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

it has NOTHING to do with who is better.

Be glad?! Inferiority complex much?

Sox ran into Zambrano with his B- stuff and pretty much let im off the hook at least 3 times. Terible...not that I didn't expect it or anything considering how the season has gone.

As far as Wood and Prior go, enough with the arrogance-- Sox are one of the worst hitting teams in the game, especially with RISP and GIDP...We should be thanking our lucky stars we didn't face a possible future HOF 'er in Prior and a lights-out All-Star flamethrower in Wood.

Of crouse they missed Loaiza who has been better than either, buit considering how we hit today, we would have still lost with anyone out there, including Unit or Pedro.

ONCE AGAIN, this series has nothing to do with who is the better team. if that were the case, we would've been swept.

this series has NEVER had anything to do with the better team, history proves it.

Prior, Wood, Estes or whoever, doesn't make much difference in a series like this.

future HOF? I didn't know a one year player was able to make it in the HOF?

very interesting

ONCE AGAIN, this series has nothing to do with who is the better team.  if that were the case, we would've been swept.

this series has NEVER had anything to do with the better team, history proves it.

Prior, Wood, Estes or whoever, doesn't make much difference in a series like this.

future HOF?  I didn't know a one year player was able to make it in the HOF?

very interesting

The Cubs really aren't that much better then us, if they are better then us period.

They have a much, much better manager though. I don't think anyone will deny that.

Prior is a good pitcher who has been hyped to the point where he's already in the hall.

people forget this is the major leagues. not easy for ANYONE, no matter how talented, to maintain a level a play for 10+ years.

Manuel did a pretty fine job on Saturday vs. Dusty.

On any given day, I could out-manage a manager. If my offense scores 7 runs for me, they make my job a whole lot easier.

It is in games like this that seperate s***ty managers from good managers from great managers.

Prior is a good pitcher who has been hyped to the point where he's already in the hall.

people forget this is the major leagues.  not easy for ANYONE, no matter how talented, to maintain a level a play for 10+ years.

That may or may not be true....but tell me this, Mario:

How does it help the anemic Sox offense when they see him at the Cell? If he breaks down (unlikely) 10 years from now, does it make any difference as far as his 2.50 ERA versus weak Sox hitters is concerned?

In the past, Sox hitters beat Kerry Wood by taking close pitches which he missed and working a ton of walks before he had to give up that one big pitch. This season those same pitches are closer and more disguised and are called for strikes. If Wood and Prior are on, Sox have NO chance.

This game was bigger than you think, Cubs sucked and we plained chocked when it came to taking advantage of their suckitude. The Cell series is gonna to be ugly I fear.