good thing everyone ripped manuel

Molto

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing I said that there was no problem with that move simply because Marte has been dominant all season. I never second guess someone when they put in the best reliever and they fail.

I would if it was a case where he had pitched a lot or if you had Koch up at the same time and were going for a righty righty match-up, etc.

once again, I would've kept Colon in, but look at it this way.

if you are the manager and your pitcher tells you to have someone ready because you won't be able to finish it, you figure "okay, we'll start him", BUT not when the first guy to bat that inning in a one run game has a career .320 batting average against that pitcher, AND is a lefty the same side the best reliever you have pitches from.

there were a few who didn't blame him, but I like how SOO MANY people like to open their mouths before knowing the complete truth, whether history would back them up or not.

Another winnable game lost. One of way too many this year. In Wrigley in front of the governor and all his cubbie faithful. People are frustrated. Of course we're not in the dugout and aware of all that's going on. Colon looked strong. The book and the percentages can get banal and anal IMO. Got to go with your gut sometimes. Managers used to do that believe it or not. Not running to a frikin computer printout for every move. In any case, Manuel seems to have lost his touch where pitching changes are concerned. It used to be his strong point. I plead guilty. I wanted this game. It was big.

Guest Ncorgbl
once again, I would've kept Colon in, but look at it this way.

if you are the manager and your pitcher tells you to have someone ready because you won't be able to finish it, you figure "okay, we'll start him", BUT not when the first guy to bat that inning in a one run game has a career .320 batting average against that pitcher, AND is a lefty the same side the best reliever you have pitches from.

You are right, it was a tough call, and Manuel made a decision.

I find it more of a question as to why Colon, after 97 pitches, was tiring, when we've been told all along how he gets stronger as the game goes on. I'm on record as being down on Colon, and thought he had 'stepped up' for this game. Now I don't think so.

apparently Colon was in fact tired and asked to have someone ready in the pen.

good thing I hadn't commented on it at all. On the mlb boards I took Manuel's part - I am the one no vote on ther poll to fire Manuel, and I voted by name. Some of us trust JM.

I really think the White Sox need to call up Ginter or add another arm to their bullpen. The bullpen along with the offense has been a weak point for the Sox.

CWSOX45

The problem is you only see 4 guys out of the pen. Koch, Marte, Gordon, and White is all you ever see.

White should be released right now.

Guest Ncorgbl
good thing I hadn't commented on it at all.  On the mlb boards I took Manuel's part  - I am the one no vote on ther poll to fire Manuel, and I  voted by name.  Some of us trust JM.

You were not alone.

I believe that Rick White did his job today and Marte didn't. Don't trade Rick White and don't bring up another arm. I think White may have finally turned the corner as he has had a good stretch of pitching. In fact lately he has been more consistent than Koch or Marte.

I read that Colon had a sore finger on his pitching hand in the last game where he gave up 3 homers. Well, that could be so, but he did pitch good today. If in fact he was tired, or hurting, or both and told Manuel, than it was right to take him out, but it looked like Bart was ready to pitch the 8th.

Manuel made a move and even though I didn't like it before the scrubs rally it was Marte's failure and not JM's. It happens and we have to move on. We can still take the Twinks.

I have blamed Manuel simply because he, IMO, made a bad decision in leaving Marte in against Grudz. You either let Colon pitch to O'Leary and then let him try to get out of the inning and hand the ball off to another guy(Marte/Koch/White/Glover), or you have Marte face O'Leary, and then bring in another righty.

To defend myself, I said if Colon didn't ask out or like the one poster said, hurt his finger again, then JM deserved to be fired = case closed.

Too bad Bartolo was pooped. Cause he had some pop and I think we'd have won had he been able to finish.

It's interesting that Jerry let him walk to the mound however before replacing him. If he said he was pooped, why did he go out to the mound?

In retrospect, our hitting let us down again. What'd we get 7 runs in the first four inns Saturday then one the rest of the series?

Konerko's flame out has hurt our team big time.

(give me the master of the obvious award, pls.)