Hockey

Wow. What a pathetic season it has been for the Blackhawks. I believe they do not have the ability to beat the Chicago Wolves. The Wolves are actually drawing better attendance than the Hawks, even though the American Hockey League is seemingly on the brink of chaos. I will post this same post verbatum next year, as I see no reason why this will change in the near future.

That's a joke. The Wolves are filled with scrubs who can't crack an NHL roster... the Blackhawks would beat them at a man disadvantage for an entire game handily...

I'm not saying the Hawks are good, they aren't... but the Wolves are AHL for a reason, and those scrubs suck huge balls combared to NHLers, even the worst of them.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
That's a joke. The Wolves are filled with scrubs who can't crack an NHL roster... the Blackhawks would beat them at a man disadvantage for an entire game handily...

I'm not saying the Hawks are good, they aren't... but the Wolves are AHL for a reason, and those scrubs suck huge balls combared to NHLers, even the worst of them.

Couldn't have said it better. :cheers

It sickens me when people try to compare the two like this, it's not even close.

Perfect example, the Wolves' beloved Steve Maltais.

Dominated the I and AHL, was the hero for the Wolves, and a fan favorite. Went up to the show for one last chance with the Blue Jackets and absolutely sucked.

It's NO CONTEST.

Hell, Havlat alone could single-handedly beat the entire Wolves team.

Yeah, make no mistake about it - the worst team in NHL would beat the best AHL team in a 7-game series 99% of the time. (The other 1% would be a fluke)

Now I'm not going to disagree that any NHL team would beat any AHL team, but to say that the Wolves are full of 'scrubs who suck huge balls' is a bit extreme.

The Wolves have handful of young talent that will play the majority of their career in the NHL. They're not going to produce on a top line, but they'll certainly 'crack' a NHL roster. Atlanta is finally starting to figure the whole affiliation game out.

Would you say the same thing about Norfolk? A few of those 'scrub' Admirals are going to be playing in the UC for awhile.

I remember a dozen years ago or more when UNLV had a bunch of studs and everyone was making these jackass statements like the entire starting five could be selected in the first round, they could beat NBA teams, etc.

Hell every NBA player was All-everything in high school and college. IIRC they got bounced the second round of the NCAA Tourny.

I can't remember when the Hawks haven't sucked. Well yes, Keenan's last season. He was a psycho, pulling goalies like it was a line change. I watched and cried as the Penguins skated on Stadium ice with Lord Stanley's Cup. There hasn't been much to cheer since then.

My dad is a Creative Director for a Chicago ad agency, and did a spot featuring Bill Clement a couple of years back as the NHL strike was brewing.

They got to talking hockey, and Clement's words were something to the effect of Bill Wirtz being a complete idiot, and how ESPN would love to come in to an Original 6 city with a media market the size of Chicago, but not for what Dollar Bill is putting on the ice these days.

I still break out the Roenick CCM jersey I have from c. 1995, and remember the days of yore when the Hawks put competitive teams on the ice.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 05:15 AM)
If Dollar Bill Worst doesn't have the worst record of any major sport owner, I'd like to know who is worse? Add in Pulford and you easily have the worst duo in sports history.

The Bears ownership isn't exactly looking stellar these days.

I could also throw in the Raiders, Lions, Nationals, Knicks and Pirates off of the top of my head.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 08:45 AM)
The Bears ownership isn't exactly looking stellar these days.

I could also throw in the Raiders, Lions, Nationals, Knicks and Pirates off of the top of my head.

I'd go with the Lions as a good comparison to the Hawks. No championships in forever, bizarre loyalty to inept management (Pulford/Millen) and a dwindling, embarrassed fanbase.