Don't like throwing at Champ Bailey?

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)
That's one way to replace Darrent Williams. Scary tandem there in Denver..

But on the other hand...once again Denver has taken away people from it's backfield. They're left with Mike Bell back there now, right? A 1-year player who was undrafted a year ago? With a 2nd year starting QB in front of them?

And that OT is a former first round pick, although I can't tell how much he's played since ESPN's OL stats aren't that great.

Shanahan really has confidence in his ability to take whatever parts he can get and turn them into quality runners and O-Linemen, doesn't he?

And Bly is 1 year away from Free Agency to boot.

Edited by Balta1701

Might be the first time you can truly say, "good job Millen". According to NFL.com's stats, Foster started 13 of 16 games for Denver. Detroit got two very nice talents out of the deal as well. Denver can still sign a back, maybe even make a run at Jamal Lewis, or draft one, as they don't have many other needs.

Interesting deal as it benefits both teams in my opinion.

Denver gets one heck of a corner besides Bailey as many of you has stated but with Shanahans ability to change different RBs into stars they should be alright. Mike Bell had a decent year and if they do happen to get Mcgahee chaulk this team up for a big year. Putting all the pressure on Cutlers shoulders.

Lions on the other hand needed linemen and Foster is a good bet for them and Bell gives them plenty of speed along with Jones. Maybe if they replace their QB with idk Troy Smith and sign some defenders they could be above 500.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 05:56 AM)
Millen with another bonehead move. Does he not get it? Denver can make their water boy a 1,000 yard rusher.

Just like the portis-baily deal, good job Denver. I can almost guarantee they will still be in the top half of rushing offenses in 2007.

Portis though is the actually only RB that was more than just a product than Denvers system, he is a top tier RB in the league just has had some injury problems slowing him down in Washington.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:10 AM)
Portis though is the actually only RB that was more than just a product than Denvers system, he is a top tier RB in the league just has had some injury problems slowing him down in Washington.

I agree, Portis and don't forget T Davis ( if you want to go back that far) are legit Top Rbs that were great no matter what.

I just can't say the same for Bell.

I thought detroit would have learned after the Olandis Gary experiment they received from Denver.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
*Yawn*

You guys are severely overrating Dre Bly. He stinks at stopping the run and tackling overall. He's not a sucky CB by any means, but he's not anywhere near god.

Chris McCallister & Samari Rolle > Champ Bailey & Dre Bly

Champ Bailey>anybody

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 01:06 AM)
It was a sad day when the Bears passed up Bailey and traded down to draft Cade McNown.

It might of seemed like a bad decision at the time but in a few years Champ is gonna retire but you can still get an oil change from Cade McNown at Jiffy Lube.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 02:52 AM)
*Yawn*

You guys are severely overrating Dre Bly. He stinks at stopping the run and tackling overall. He's not a sucky CB by any means, but he's not anywhere near god.

Chris McCallister & Samari Rolle > Champ Bailey & Dre Bly

I can't think of too many CB's that are very good at stopping the run. I'm sure Denver is more interested in his coverage skills than stopping the RB.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 12:09 AM)
Champ Bailey>anybody

That's nice, but I rather pick on Dre Bly over Chris McCallister and Samari Rolle anyday of the week. Again, this has to be the most overrated CB in the league today. I'd take Nathan Vasher or hell, even Ricky Manning Jr over Dre Bly. There's tons of guys better than Bly. Darrent Williams (RIP) >> Dre Bly. Also, I'd like to see how Bly does on natural grass in the snow instead of playing in the dome.

What the heck, let's compare.

Rolle, 9 years, 27 int's, 3 int's a year and 38 tackles a year

McAllister, 8 years, 22 int's, 2.75 int's a year and 44 tackles a year

Bly, 8 years, 33 int's, 4 int's a year and 38.25 tackles a year

Bailey, 8 years, 39 int's, 4.875 int's a year and 63 tackles a year

Manning, 4 years, 14 int's, 3.5 int's a year and 45 tackles a year

Vasher, 3 years, 16 int's, 5.33 int's a year and 40 tackles a year

Bly and Bailey's numbers are clearly better than the Raven's pair, and the Raven's/Bear's pair get to play with two of the top front seven's in football each year. Bly spent half his career in Detroit and the other half in St. Louis. Let's see what number's Bly puts up when he gets to play with Denver's defensive talent.

Bly also can tackle and hit's pretty well, he has forced 17 fumbles to go along with his 33 int's in his 8 years. Overall Bly has caused 50 turnover's in 8 years. Not bad for a guy that apparently can't tackle.

Compared that to Vasher and Manning who have a combined 6 forced fumbles in their 7 years. The "great tackling" pair of McAlister and Samari have 5 forced fumbles in their 17 combined years. Champ has 5 forced fumbles by himself.

Would you rather have a CB that has created 50 turnovers in 8 years or a CB like McAlister who will get you 6 more tackles each year? Maybe every one of those 6 tackles will be game savers, maybe not.

Oh and Bly's not to shabby on grass either, still the all-time leader in the ACC in interceptions with 20 and was a 3 time All-American in his 3 years at UNC.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
What the heck, let's compare.

Rolle, 9 years, 27 int's, 3 int's a year and 38 tackles a year

McAllister, 8 years, 22 int's, 2.75 int's a year and 44 tackles a year

Bly, 8 years, 33 int's, 4 int's a year and 38.25 tackles a year

Bailey, 8 years, 39 int's, 4.875 int's a year and 63 tackles a year

Manning, 4 years, 14 int's, 3.5 int's a year and 45 tackles a year

Vasher, 3 years, 16 int's, 5.33 int's a year and 40 tackles a year

Bly and Bailey's numbers are clearly better than the Raven's pair, and the Raven's/Bear's pair get to play with two of the top front seven's in football each year. Bly spent half his career in Detroit and the other half in St. Louis. Let's see what number's Bly puts up when he gets to play with Denver's defensive talent.

Bly also can tackle and hit's pretty well, he has forced 17 fumbles to go along with his 33 int's in his 8 years. Overall Bly has caused 50 turnover's in 8 years. Not bad for a guy that apparently can't tackle.

Compared that to Vasher and Manning who have a combined 6 forced fumbles in their 7 years. The "great tackling" pair of McAlister and Samari have 5 forced fumbles in their 17 combined years. Champ has 5 forced fumbles by himself.

Would you rather have a CB that has created 50 turnovers in 8 years or a CB like McAlister who will get you 6 more tackles each year? Maybe every one of those 6 tackles will be game savers, maybe not.

Oh and Bly's not to shabby on grass either, still the all-time leader in the ACC in interceptions with 20 and was a 3 time All-American in his 3 years at UNC.

Where's pass deflections? Where's YPG given up? There's key defensive stats missing. I guess Dealta O'Neal was better than almost every CB in the league one year when he picked up a ton of INT's.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
Also, there were a ton of teams who wouldnt even throw at Bailey and you cant really rate his presence with stats. Also, I think if youre gonna compare the Bears it should be Tillman and Vasher.

There is no comparison simply because Tillman's such a slouch. So I'll compare the Bronco's tandem last year of Darrent Williams and Champ Bailey. I'll happily take that over Dre friggin Bly. Ask Lions fans how they feel about him. They think for once Millen actually made a good trade.

Feel free to post the yards allowed if you can find it anywhere.

Bly, 81 deflections over 8 years in 119 games for .68 a game

Bailey, 97 deflections over 8 years in 126 games for .77 a game

McAlister, 99 deflections over 8 years in 121 games for .8 a game

Rolle, 84 deflections over 9 years in 132 games for .64 a game

Tillman, 33 defelctions over 4 years in 53 games for .62 a game (3.5 int's a season, 65 tackles each year)

Vasher, 17 defelctions over 3 years in 46 games for .37 a game

Manning, 18 defelctions over 4 years in 63 games for .29 a game

Bly has 7 defensive TD's in his 8 years.

Bailey has 4 TD's

McAlister has 6 TD's

Rolle has 2 TD's

Manning has 3 TD's in 4 years

Tillman has 2 TD's in 4 years

Vasher has 2 TD's in 3 years

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
Feel free to post the yards allowed if you can find it anywhere.

Bly, 81 deflections over 8 years in 119 games for .68 a game

Bailey, 97 deflections over 8 years in 126 games for .77 a game

McAlister, 99 deflections over 8 years in 121 games for .8 a game

Rolle, 84 deflections over 9 years in 132 games for .64 a game

Tillman, 33 defelctions over 4 years in 53 games for .62 a game (3.5 int's a season, 65 tackles each year)

Vasher, 17 defelctions over 3 years in 46 games for .37 a game

Manning, 18 defelctions over 4 years in 63 games for .29 a game

Bly has 7 defensive TD's in his 8 years.

Bailey has 4 TD's

McAlister has 6 TD's

Rolle has 2 TD's

Manning has 3 TD's in 4 years

Tillman has 2 TD's in 4 years

Vasher has 2 TD's in 3 years

Still not better than Darrent Williams which is who they had. Since D Williams only played 2 years, I'll compare his numbers with Dre Bly's past two years.

Williams: 27 Games, 124 tackles, 15 assists, 1 sack, 6 interceptions, 2TD, 13 pass deflections

Bly: 28 Games, 84 tackles, 12 assists, 0 sacks, 9 interceptions, 0 TD, 24 pass deflections

Hell, I'll even put up Bly's first two seasons:

32 games, 62 tackles, 7 assists, 1 sack, 6 interceptions, 1TD, 12 pass deflections.

I have to get to work, but when I get back I'll try to find Yards Given Up Per Game.

BTW, don't forget again, Bly played in a system in which his job was to go for picks. The other guys were coverage guys.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 08:18 AM)
Still not better than Darrent Williams which is who they had. Since D Williams only played 2 years, I'll compare his numbers with Dre Bly's past two years.

Williams: 27 Games, 124 tackles, 15 assists, 1 sack, 6 interceptions, 2TD, 13 pass deflections

Bly: 28 Games, 84 tackles, 12 assists, 0 sacks, 9 interceptions, 0 TD, 24 pass deflections

Hell, I'll even put up Bly's first two seasons:

32 games, 62 tackles, 7 assists, 1 sack, 6 interceptions, 1TD, 12 pass deflections.

I have to get to work, but when I get back I'll try to find Yards Given Up Per Game.

BTW, don't forget again, Bly played in a system in which his job was to go for picks. The other guys were coverage guys.

Im sure they would much rather have Darrent Williams than bly but they obviously cant. Its still an upgrade to have Bly over anybody else they would of brought in.