Spring Training conversations

RockRaines

Anybody watch this tonight? I thought the interview with Joe was great, except when the contract talk came up.

Also hearing him talk about the hunters on the team and refer to Thome as "Jimmy" was pretty awesome. Really a great idea by Comcast as it makes you remember why you liked some of these players.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 08:12 AM)
Joe is on ESPN 1000 right now.

Says Anderson has been the most surprising so far this camp. Says he sees a real difference in his swing, thinks he is going to have a solid season.

Ya hear that Ozzie?!?!?!

my head says he will be gone and my heart hopes he stays. i think he will be worth every penny he gets and the decision to let him go will haunt the sox for years IMO. In my perfect world crede would be locked up and fields would be getting ready to be our LF.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
my head says he will be gone and my heart hopes he stays. i think he will be worth every penny he gets and the decision to let him go will haunt the sox for years IMO. In my perfect world crede would be locked up and fields would be getting ready to be our LF.

I'm with you. Crede is one of my favorite players and because of that I hope he stays but in reality I know that the money probably won't be there and he'll leave.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
In a couple of years, Josh Fields is going to make everyone say to themselves... Joe who?

and then they'll say, oh, you mean the guy who had that clutch dinger against the indians in '05? Or the double off the wall with two strikes against the Angels?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
In a couple of years, Josh Fields is going to make everyone say to themselves... Joe who?

Josh Fields may well be good, but it won't be for a while. He has way too many holes to be big right away. He is going to have about a 3 year learning curve, if I had to bet on it.