Opening Day Discussion thread

Controlled Chaos

My group will meet at my house around 830 am to pre-tailgate. We plan on getting to the stadium for the actual Tailgate around 11, and then around 1230 find our seats in the upper deck for the game (548 i believe).

Opening day is one of my favorite days of the year...and i'm getting antsy for it....just a few more days....

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Have to go to a seminar for work so I can't even follow the game. :(

I'll be in Texas helping with inventory so I won't know anything until I get back to my hotel room unless my coworker who is also a Sox fanatic lets me know.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 12:34 PM)
I'll be in Texas helping with inventory so I won't know anything until I get back to my hotel room unless my coworker who is also a Sox fanatic lets me know.

At least my work event will involve an hour and a half speech by Mike Ditka. That should be interesting.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 09:18 AM)
ah so looks like it's just me and HeGone33. Will the chick in your avatar be accompanying you??

Ya know, I sure wish she was! I was hoping the girl I sold my extra tickets that are next to me would at least look like her, but that didn't work out so well.

That girl is my wife, problem is she just doesn't know it yet.

Edited by HeGone33

I'm not a fan of Opening Day. It's colder than summer games, occurs during the day, Brooks Boyer jacked up prices specifically for that day, and too many people just there because it's the first game of the year.

QUOTE(mu mu @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
I'm planning on hitting the Thursday game, (last game of the Celeveland series), but the weather might be terrible. I just saw for wednesday theyre saying 38 and wet snow.

Never trust a forecast that far out in advance. The meteorologists are practically throwing darts when it's that far out.

Hi there, this is my first post. I have been lurking here a few months, and it seems like a pretty good place for Sox commentary. I did not grow up a baseball fan, became one as an adult(hence the username), so I still have lots to learn. I do enjoy the commentary here though.

I will be at opening day as well, I am a split STH. My buddy and I will be Keggin' and Eggin' pregame. We both really like food and grilling, so we have a lot of fun picking out tailgate food. We're doing steaks and breakfast burritos and homemade pork sausage for our first tailgate.

Our seats are in the upper deck along the first base line, I can't wait to sit down in my "summer home" on Monday. Even if the Sox have a weak season, which I am prepared for at this point, I am still happy I can go and relax at 35th and Shields.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(soxfansince04 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)
Hi there, this is my first post. I have been lurking here a few months, and it seems like a pretty good place for Sox commentary. I did not grow up a baseball fan, became one as an adult(hence the username), so I still have lots to learn. I do enjoy the commentary here though.

I will be at opening day as well, I am a split STH. My buddy and I will be Keggin' and Eggin' pregame. We both really like food and grilling, so we have a lot of fun picking out tailgate food. We're doing steaks and breakfast burritos and homemade pork sausage for our first tailgate.

Our seats are in the upper deck along the first base line, I can't wait to sit down in my "summer home" on Monday. Even if the Sox have a weak season, which I am prepared for at this point, I am still happy I can go and relax at 35th and Shields.

:gosoxretro:

Hey, welcome aboard!