Relief Pitching Could be the Key

Texsox

Just a thought YMMV

E-Lo has been the sudden surprise that playoff teams always seem to have. That someone who comes out of nowhere and has a career year. I'm beginning to think that for us to contend, someone from our bullpen is going to have to catch fire. If say Flash looked to be a strong 2nd half closer, we could deal Koch for a hitter and make a move. Standing pat isn't going to make it and we're going to have to give up pitching to get a hitter (read not a slugger)

My hunch is Flash is going to be a big factor in our season.

I would try and package Konerko and Koch for a major league hitter and some bullpen help. We need one guy that can handle the bat to move men along, bunt and make a pitcher work. Something Spaceman Jimenez was suppossed to be able to do. He proved last evening that his slide is beginning and may not stop any time soon.

Speaking of relief pitching, does glover still play for this team? why don't we see him any more?

Welcome aboard Farmio. Glover has been awful as of late. He's kind of went into the doghouse as White has came out of it.

Two years ago Glover had great movement, now I never see it. I don't have a clue what happened to him.

I would try and package Konerko and Koch for a major league hitter and some bullpen help.  We need one guy that can handle the bat to move men along, bunt and make a pitcher work.

That's an awful lot of underperforming salary to take on for any team to get greater value in a contact/situational hitter and bullpen help in return. Koch and Konerko's value is too low to get anything meaningful back for them, and frankly we know that historically these guys are better than they are performing right now. We would just be asking to be fleeced in the deal.

Don't usually have any long relief needs or spot start needs...i guess that's the explanation. And because JM loves Rick White

Let's not give up on Rick White. I think he has turned the corner and figured out whatever was wrong with him before.

glover has not pitched of really late(June 5th maybe? :huh: ) due to his awfulness and the fact that we other people who can do better and that includes rick white i say bring up adkins after seeing what he has been able to do of late and see if what we got for durham was any good