Who might start in place of Buehrle?

caulfield12

1) Floyd

2) Masset or Sisco

3) Haeger

4) Adam Russell, starting tonight for B-HAM, so he would be on the same number of days of rest, assuming the White Sox game tomorrow night isn't cancelled.

It will be interesting to see, if that happens, if the Twins still use Santana against us and skip someone's turn in the rotation. I'm assuming we will let Danks go, no matter what.

Floyd I believe was scheduled to go tonight...the Tribune had him listed first in their run-down of Charlotte's pitching staff, and other places had him starting, but it wound up being Phillips. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Heath was inserted as a starter after Buehrle was hit.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 06:16 PM)
Wait... whats going on? I thought Mark is still scheduled to pitch his next start... Am I missing something here?

According to Ozzie after the game you're correct...but I can't figure out why Floyd didn't start today if there wasn't some chance of him getting a callup.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
According to Ozzie after the game you're correct...but I can't figure out why Floyd didn't start today if there wasn't some chance of him getting a callup.

Maybe Phillips is still the ace of the Knights ball club?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
Certainly didn't show it tonight.

Russell has given up 2 ER in 5 IP so far tonight. Seems like an Ozzie favorite. Also, you have to take into consideration the weather conditions out in Oakland...if they would be conducive for a knuckleballer or not in early April, in the cold.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Haeger should be up in any event, let alone if Mark is hurt.

Floyd only has 1 option left. Let's not use it while he's still garbage. Let's give him the chance to take what Coop showed him and show us he's a "new pitcher," since he "feels" like one.

How do you suppose he got to the minor leagues this season? That's right. We used his final option.

It makes no difference.