Oden, Conley....AND Cook leaving?

i think it makes sense for conley to go. although he can clearly use more development (particularly of his offensive game) he is most likely the top point guard in the draft. next year he'll be third, and possibly fourth (mayo, rose, lawson).

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
i think it makes sense for conley to go. although he can clearly use more development (particularly of his offensive game) he is most likely the top point guard in the draft. next year he'll be third, and possibly fourth (mayo, rose, lawson).

His size needs some work too, but he may go. Either they all stay or all go. Either way, OSU just reloads again.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
His size needs some work too, but he may go. Either they all stay or all go. Either way, OSU just reloads again.

true, but they will take a big step back next year if those three goes. losing those three, plus lewis and harris, is significant. osu will bring some talented players in, no doubt, but none of those guys are close to conley or oden. they do have a seven-footer coming in, but he'd rather sit on the perimeter and shoot 3s.

that said, in the long term their future is incredibly bright. they just will take a step back next year.

I'm hearing rumors of Conley reassessing his commitment to Ohio State on word given to him by NBA scouts that he'll be a lottery pick if he leaves now.

It fascinates me that this kid wasn't even on the draft radar to start the year, nonetheless, he's a hell of a point guard, probably the best in the draft.

Are Oden's parents divorced?

Conley Sr. was quoted saying that he has talked to Greg, his mom and Coach Matta. He then followed it up with if his mom doesn't know, how would anyone? Makes me wonder if they are divorced?

Yet, in the Indy Star article, his mom was quoted as saying Greg wasn't ready to talk about it yet, but she didn't say he hasn't decided or contradict what his father said.

Sounds to me like Oden's father let the cat out of the bag and Conley is hiding the fact until Greg is ready to make the actual announcement.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
considering i have never once seen his father in the stand for any game and never heard anything about him until this statement, i will say his agent would know more

Well if Conley Sr. is his agent than he is going to the draft, so right now its his possible agent or his father. And just because he isnt at games doesnt mean anything, maybe he has something called a job and cant make it to games. Since Oden isnt a grown man yet, lives at home when isnt in school, im going with the dad on this one.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
Well if Conley Sr. is his agent than he is going to the draft, so right now its his possible agent or his father. And just because he isnt at games doesnt mean anything, maybe he has something called a job and cant make it to games. Since Oden isnt a grown man yet, lives at home when isnt in school, im going with the dad on this one.

Wow great dad. Can not even come to watch his son play in the National Championship game.

His dad lives in Buffalo. Greg only talks to him a couple times a year. Also it is coming out now that his Dad is denying ever making comments to a newspaper.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
Wow great dad. Can not even come to watch his son play in the National Championship game.

His dad lives in Buffalo. Greg only talks to him a couple times a year. Also it is coming out now that his Dad is denying ever making comments to a newspaper.

This belongs in the "Who Gives a s***?" thread.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
Crazy!!!!

Once Cook finds out he is not a top draft pick, nor a first rounder, hes going to have second thoughts. I guess OSU is going to have to lean on the 6th best freshmen class in the country...

i dunno. chad ford's blog today had cook as a mid- to late-first rounder. if he gets that from scouts i can't see him staying. nor can i really see him staying if conley and oden go.

osu's class next year is good, but the program will still take a step back. none of those kids are comparable to oden or conley really. plus, the buckeyes are painfully thin at guard and exceptionally thin at point guard. i'm guessing evan turner backs up butler next year and that is not an ideal situation.

two years from now, though, the buckeyes will be nasty.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
i dunno. chad ford's blog today had cook as a mid- to late-first rounder. if he gets that from scouts i can't see him staying. nor can i really see him staying if conley and oden go.

osu's class next year is good, but the program will still take a step back. none of those kids are comparable to oden or conley really. plus, the buckeyes are painfully thin at guard and exceptionally thin at point guard. i'm guessing evan turner backs up butler next year and that is not an ideal situation.

two years from now, though, the buckeyes will be nasty.

Once the 2008 class rolls in, they will be nasty. They have Conley part 2, BJ Mullens and a whole slew of athletes. Im looking forward to it.