Geddy Lee shows love for Old Comiskey

FlaCWS

Rush is and has been my favorite band for at least a decade. They aren't for everyone, that's for sure, and there is no need to put people down who don't like them, just as there is no need to put people down who do like them.

For some, no explanation is necessary, for others, no explantion will do.

The new Rush album "Snakes & Arrows" will be out this May, and they arrive in Chicago (Tweeter Center) on Sept 8th, where I will be front frow. I'm happy they went back to their progressive roots with the new album, as their newer albums (Echo and beyond) were a tad too "new Rush" for me...

Long live Rush!

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 09:44 AM)
Rush is and has been my favorite band for at least a decade. They aren't for everyone, that's for sure, and there is no need to put people down who don't like them, just as there is no need to put people down who do like them.

For some, no explanation is necessary, for others, no explantion will do.

The new Rush album "Snakes & Arrows" will be out this May, and they arrive in Chicago (Tweeter Center) on Sept 8th, where I will be front frow. I'm happy they went back to their progressive roots with the new album, as their newer albums (Echo and beyond) were a tad too "new Rush" for me...

Long live Rush!

Meh, until they do an extended live The Necromancer I'm unimpressed.

I have tons of albums but was never a big Rush fan but I still have Permanent Waves and a picture disc of Hemispheres with an autograph that says "rock on Sky Daniel (old Chicago DJ I think ). I'm pretty sure it was one of my brothers albums that I confiscated when I moved to California many moons ago. May have gotten it at a WLS booth at one of the 1st Chicagofests though that is a guess.

QUOTE(drive like jehu @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 11:40 AM)
Wow, a lot of Reinsdorf kool-aid has been consumed in the past two decades. THE Comiskey Park is and always be the Baseball Palace. Nothing will ever compare to it.

I beg to differ.

I was in the old park in the eighties.

It needed to be replaced.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
I beg to differ.

I was in the old park in the eighties.

It needed to be replaced.

If you think it needed to be replaced in the 80s, you should have seen it in the 70s. Really run down. I have a coffee table book of the park from 1977. Reinsdorf should have had this book when he was angling for a newpark. Its quite evident that he and his group threw a lot of money into old Comiskey. But it was a great place to watch a game.

QUOTE(drive like jehu @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
Wow, a lot of Reinsdorf kool-aid has been consumed in the past two decades. THE Comiskey Park is and always be the Baseball Palace. Nothing will ever compare to it.

cover250.jpg

Edited by mr_genius

Old Comiskey was a sad tired relic of graffiti and trash. Totally unfriendly to families and the neighborhood was in need of improving.

USCF is clean, nice, updated, friendly and the area is a lot safer than it used to be.

I wouldn't call Old Comiskey a sad tired relic of graffiti and trash. That's the team's fault if it didn't keep

the place in better shape. Trash is trash wherever it's thrown.

The neighborhood was bad. You are correct. In fact you had to pay kids hovering in the lots to "watch" your

car or you'd come out with 4 flat tires.

Just like some are saying if you have a good seat in the Cell it's great ... if you had a good seat in Old

Comiskey it was amazing. My dad had 4 season tickets in about the fifth row just to the left of the screen and

I took my friends to all games he didn't want to go to with his downtown coworkers.

We went to a lot of games and nightly I was amazed at how we were right on the action. I'll never forget

the sound of bat on ball at that old park.

I need to move back to chicago and see more games at the Cell. It sounds like it's getting more lovable

every year. I hope so.

I would hope those who disparage Old Comiskey also think Wrigley is a total dump, cause Wrigley still

is standing. Is it also a sad relic of graffiti and trash? if not it's only because the team keeps fixing it up.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 09:29 AM)
I have tons of albums but was never a big Rush fan but I still have Permanent Waves and a picture disc of Hemispheres with an autograph that says "rock on Sky Daniel (old Chicago DJ I think ). I'm pretty sure it was one of my brothers albums that I confiscated when I moved to California many moons ago. May have gotten it at a WLS booth at one of the 1st Chicagofests though that is a guess.

Cool item, but I would have thought he would have wrote "let's get jaked and blow lunch!" instead! :P