Prior Injured for Life

danman31

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:54 PM)
And in the continuing kicking of Mark Prior, because he was on the minor league DL when he had his surgery, this season will NOT count towards his major league service time. He will now have to wait until after the 2009 season to be a major league free agent.

ouch . . .

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)
And in the continuing kicking of Mark Prior, because he was on the minor league DL when he had his surgery, this season will NOT count towards his major league service time. He will now have to wait until after the 2009 season to be a major league free agent.

He still gets what, $4 million for this season? I'm not that concerned.

The question remains...what will the Cubs decide to do with him next offseason if he comes at the same price.

A Cubs fan of my acquaintance was in my establishment last night and made a comment along the lines of, "Well, now Prior's finally going to get his shoulder fixed and be ready to go next year."

I started laughing so hard that one of my co-workers asked me if anything was wrong.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
santo=dorf,

Obviously thats David Aardsma' wife or girlfriend or sister or whatever. Anymore pics or info on her though? Perhaps a thread that this has already been discussed in?

l_b2d23883d31d59acd76308ddc70e5bca.jpg

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=72382534

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:54 PM)

When you consider that a player can't receive more than a 20 percent (I believe that is the number) paycut in arbitration (and that is just the rule, nobody has EVER got a paycut in arbitration I think), meaning he'd still be paid like 2.75 million next year at least if he's back, I smell a non tender.

Edited by whitesoxfan101