DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to make a prediction...

Clinton claims to be releasing her taxes "within a week". I think there wont be much in there other than their large income. I say this because they are not stupid enough to funnel money directly through them. "Controversial" money is going through off shore accounts and the Clinton foundation.

From The Hill's Pundit Blog:

I predict that sooner than people expect there will be major movement among leading superdelegates who are uncommitted toward Barack Obama.

It is increasingly clear to them, as it has long been clear to me, that the Clinton strategy of wrecking ball, personal destruction poses an increasing danger that McCain wins the White House and Democrats are hurt in House and Senate elections.

Stay tuned, I will have more to say on this soon, and predict we will see public evidence of superdelegate movement to Obama and against Clinton within a time period measured in days, not weeks.

I am detecting a significant “behind the scenes” change, in the last 48-72 hours, from a growing number of superdelegates who want the Clinton carnage to end and will soon be moved to action.

What is called the Tonya Harding strategy by Clinton will soon drive superdelegates to action to end a campaign that has now become destructive and dangerous for all Democrats.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)

I head something last night about that too.

Clinton wont go without a fight. Even though she is saying she'll need the supers, she do a 180 and say "they are trying to take the election from those who havent had their voice heard yet".

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
I head something last night about that too.

Clinton wont go without a fight. Even though she is saying she'll need the supers, she do a 180 and say "they are trying to take the election from those who havent had their voice heard yet".

It doesn't matter what she says if the supers start shifting to Obama over the next few days/weeks. What case will she truly have? If he were to gain a lead in superdelegates that would mean he'd have a lead in pledged delegates, popular vote, states won and now supers.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
It doesn't matter what she says if the supers start shifting to Obama over the next few days/weeks. What case will she truly have? If he were to gain a lead in superdelegates that would mean he'd have a lead in pledged delegates, popular vote, states won and now supers.

I think this and other rumors are hinting at the beginning of the end. The Dems in power want this thing over so they can concentrate on the general.

On the one hand, since this thing went way deep into the primary schedule, this was a more democratic primary then there has been in quite a while. On the other hand, they fact that they have to kill it off semi-artificially is less than ideal. What this should really indicate is that the primary system needs an overhaul.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
I think this and other rumors are hinting at the beginning of the end. The Dems in power want this thing over so they can concentrate on the general.

On the one hand, since this thing went way deep into the primary schedule, this was a more democratic primary then there has been in quite a while. On the other hand, they fact that they have to kill it off semi-artificially is less than ideal. What this should really indicate is that the primary system needs an overhaul.

No doubt. I'd like to get rid of superdelegates and make each state have the same set of rules (i.e., no caucuses, closed primaries).

I linked an article not long ago for some suggested changes for the future. For the most part it made sense. Mostly centered around the order of the state primaries dependent upon previous general election results.

QUOTE(shaneomacfan @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
Clinton Campaign Volunteer's Disgusting Comments

This may be an isolated incident, but after this whole campaign, would you really put it past her?

There's no way to trace these types of shenanigans. For all we know an Obama or McCain supporter could have done that to make Hillary look bad.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
There's no way to trace these types of shenanigans. For all we know an Obama or McCain supporter could have done that to make Hillary look bad.

I would think an Obama supporter is behind those calls. Kind of like the "Iron my shirt!" guy at the Clinton rally was probably a Clinton supporter.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
I would think an Obama supporter is behind those calls. Kind of like the "Iron my shirt!" guy at the Clinton rally was probably a Clinton supporter.

The Iron my shirt people were a stunt by a local radio station DJ.

QUOTE(shaneomacfan @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
Clinton Campaign Volunteer's Disgusting Comments

This may be an isolated incident, but after this whole campaign, would you really put it past her?

wow. just wow. i doubt it is from her. But it doesnt matter WHO it is from. It's unacceptable. I wonder if phone logs can track the originator. You could say this is verbal assault. Especially the "coon" comment.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
wow. just wow. i doubt it is from her. But it doesnt matter WHO it is from. It's unacceptable. I wonder if phone logs can track the originator. You could say this is verbal assault. Especially the "coon" comment.

Me thinks you don't fully understand the legal meaning of this word. It might be slanderous, but its nowhere in the vicinity of assault.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Me thinks you don't fully understand the legal meaning of this word. It might be slanderous, but its nowhere in the vicinity of assault.

Well, assault is the wrong word. i cant think of the word I want to use.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
By the way...

In a very sad day for this party....truly tear-jerking...Mike Gravel has announced that he's fed up with not winning and is leaving the Democratic party. He'll be joining the list of people running for the Libertarian party nomination.

I'll admit that I don't know much about Gravel... but does he know that the Libertarian party is anti-tax, anti-big government, wants to end many aspects of the welfare state, supports school vouchers, is against universal health care, ect?

Not really anything close to what the Democrats are for.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
I'll admit that I don't know much about Gravel... but does he know that the Libertarian party is anti-tax, anti-big government, wants to end many aspects of the welfare state, supports school vouchers, is against universal health care, ect?

Not really anything close to what the Democrats are for.

I think he knows that the libertarians have ballot access.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
By the way...

In a very sad day for this party....truly tear-jerking...Mike Gravel has announced that he's fed up with not winning and is leaving the Democratic party. He'll be joining the list of people running for the Libertarian party nomination.

Too bad. He had the best debate line of any candidate in either party this cycle.