GOP Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Wow. What a piece of crap this man is.

That was in no way a smart thing to do, but keep in mind that this was the early 80's, when people still let kids sit in the suicide seats in the back of station wagons, with no seat belts. I am against animal cruelty, our whole family volunteers at the Humane Society (well, not the 8 year old), but you are acting like he killed the dog. bring it down a few levels of indignation.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
That was in no way a smart thing to do, but keep in mind that this was the early 80's, when people still let kids sit in the suicide seats in the back of station wagons, with no seat belts. I am against animal cruelty, our whole family volunteers at the Humane Society (well, not the 8 year old), but you are acting like he killed the dog. bring it down a few levels of indignation.

Meh. I just don't like the guy. He's a turd.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)

I think time is irrelevant here. I don't see how it was any less cruel then than it is now. Its not as if we are taking about centuries of time elapsed. It was cruel and unnecessary.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
I think time is irrelevant here. I don't see how it was any less cruel then than it is now. Its not as if we are taking about centuries of time elapsed. It was cruel and unnecessary.

So it doesn't matter that we used to use lead paint, ride bikes without helmets, ride in cars without seatbelts, many kids riding in the back window, etc? Parents do those things now, DCFS has a hissy fit and tries to take your kids away. Attitudes were different then towards safety, life, etc. I didn't say it was a nice thing to do. I couldn't imagine doing that myself. But by the reaction of a few people here, you would have thought he shot the dog with a bb gun or something, or just tied his leash up to the luggage rack and had the dog hold on for dear life.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
So it doesn't matter that we used to use lead paint, ride bikes without helmets, ride in cars without seatbelts, many kids riding in the back window, etc? Parents do those things now, DCFS has a hissy fit and tries to take your kids away. Attitudes were different then towards safety, life, etc. I didn't say it was a nice thing to do. I couldn't imagine doing that myself. But by the reaction of a few people here, you would have thought he shot the dog with a bb gun or something, or just tied his leash up to the luggage rack and had the dog hold on for dear life.

I don't want to get to off track on this discussion, and I do see your point. But there is a key difference - in the cases of lead paint, seat belts, etc., we didn't know, did we? The knowledge wasn't there that said lead paint was dangerous. When the information was presented to the public, the public changed their behavior. in the case of treating an animal like that, knowledge is irrelevant - it was just as unnecessary then as it is now. That is what I mean when I say that time is irrelevant in this case.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)

God forbid he let the dog in the car. That would have been asking too much.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Giulian's Swift Boat?

doubt it

“In 2008, I expect these same union bosses to endorse Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama or John Edwards, so today’s comments are just a first step in that process,” Lee Ielpi, a retired FDNY employee says in a written statement

i think that about sums it up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)

So Bush = Hitler is OK, a third grade level rhyme is wrong. OK, I get it.

The sign was stupid, but once again in the world of over-reaction in the name of partisan politics, you act like he shot a dog or something. There has been worse stuff said about the sitting President by every Democratic candidate, but I guess that's ok.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
You put your nose any farther up his ass you will be able to tell us what he had for breakfast.

You know what? I had the EXACT same thought when I read your post that Rex actually posted. It was a pretty good reply, actually. Now are you going to say the same thing to me?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
You know what? I had the EXACT same thought when I read your post that Rex actually posted. It was a pretty good reply, actually. Now are you going to say the same thing to me?

Nope. No need. You don't parrot his views and make congratulatory posts to garner his approval. Although when you two do agree, I think hell gets a little colder. :bang