Excellent story on Bo Jackson

thedoctor

Bo Jackson was, without a doubt, the best athlete to ever play baseball, and probably the best athlete of the 20th century.

I'll go to the grave defending that position. For the younger guys in this forum, you should grab some old footage of when he was with Kansas City.

I remember one game against the White Sox, he hit a hard 2 hopper to Scotty Fletcher at short (this is when KC was on turf).

Scotty fielded it cleanly, patted his glove and FIRED and hard as he could to first. Got Bo by maybe 1/4 of a step. I have never seen a faster, more powerful specimen in my life.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Bo Jackson was one hell of an athlete. He was a better running back then ball player, but when he did hit the ball, he hit it hard. In Techmo Bowl, he was unreal...

I prefer Walter Payton right, Walter Payton left.

My brother had every single rookie card of Bo's that he could find. I was kind of young when he was playing, but I do remember him running on the wall in Kansas City. That was crazy!

I also had a baseball game with him on Sox. Since it was after his injury, he was slow as can be, but could hit the ball a mile.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:28 AM)
My brother had every single rookie card of Bo's that he could find. I was kind of young when he was playing, but I do remember him running on the wall in Kansas City. That was crazy!

I also had a baseball game with him on Sox. Since it was after his injury, he was slow as can be, but could hit the ball a mile.

Bo Jackson Baseball for the NES. Bo was unstoppable.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:30 AM)
Bo Jackson Baseball for the NES. Bo was unstoppable.

I think that it was MLBPA baseball for the SNES. I loved that game. Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, Lance Johnson, Bo Jackson, Joey Cora, Ozzie Guillen, Black Jack, Alex Fernandez, etc.. One of the best teams that I had seen.

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ May 29, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
Bo Jackson was, without a doubt, the best athlete to ever play baseball, and probably the best athlete of the 20th century.

I'll go to the grave defending that position. For the younger guys in this forum, you should grab some old footage of when he was with Kansas City.

I remember one game against the White Sox, he hit a hard 2 hopper to Scotty Fletcher at short (this is when KC was on turf).

Scotty fielded it cleanly, patted his glove and FIRED and hard as he could to first. Got Bo by maybe 1/4 of a step. I have never seen a faster, more powerful specimen in my life.

I am with ya in that he is the greatest ahlete I have ever seen I think if he had a full time commitment to football and didn't have that injury we might be talking about him as the all time greatest running back. I remember all of the plays he made in the OF while playing for the Royals and also he had a cannon for a arm

I remember this old baseball game I think from 93 for the Sega Game Gear... Never had so much fun before. Always the White Sox.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:10 AM)
Bo at his finest:

That's about as close as you can get to the real thing.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
Actually saw a guy in the mall in Arcadia, CA a few weeks ago wearing a #8 Jackson White Sox Jersey. In excellent shape.

Went up to him and complimented him on that one.

It probably was Bo in disguise... we all know he loves wearing his old White Sox stuff.