Yay! Praise from BA

bigruss

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
I thought we were going to hear about Brian Anderson complementing the Sox organization. I was prepared to be shocked.

I thought the same thing... I was vastly disappointed with what the real topic of the thread was.

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
anybody have a scouting report on orlando? a speedy guy that i have only seen once, a ground out in springn training on tv, but i remember he was incredibly fast down the base path

I hear ya. I saw him hit a routine ground ball to the first baseman and almost beat it out. I hope he makes it up to the bigs with the Sox some day.

I don't really know anything else about him--if he's a good fielder, how strong his arm is, can he actually hit, etc. If anyone can give us a good scouting report on this kid, please do.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
And yet they ignore the next Brandon Webb. Pity.

Can we stop with the Brandon Webb comparisons?

I've turned into quite a fan of Eggy's, but I think it's silly to compare him to the best sinkerballer in the game right now.

I think he'll end up better than the Shawn Hills, Aaron Cooks, and Clay Hensleys of the world, but it's still premature to start mentioning his name with a Cy Young candidate.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 29, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)

I've turned into quite a fan of Eggy's, but I think it's silly to compare him to the best sinkerballer in the game right now.

I think he'll end up better than the Shawn Hills, Aaron Cooks, and Clay Hensleys of the world, but it's still premature to start mentioning his name with a Cy Young candidate.

2 home runs allowed in his last 200 innings speaks for it self.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 29, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)

It's a joke from our latest podcast, which, if it wasn't Gaged, you'd know about. :P