Jerry Owens called up

AirScott

I'll say one thing, it was fantastic to actually have an athlete in the lineup. Speed can do a lot of things (as long as you have some baseball skills to go with it) and in the first game I liked what I saw.

However, one game doesn't mean jack so I hope it continues.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
Owens brings something to the table that we didnt really have for awhile. Patience, athleticism, and walks at the top of the order.

I saw more of an understanding of how to be a slap hitter by him last night than Pods has shown in years. That grounder he had in the hole that he easily beat us was very pretty.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:48 AM)
I saw more of an understanding of how to be a slap hitter by him last night than Pods has shown in years. That grounder he had in the hole that he easily beat us was very pretty.

Ya, I absolutely loved how he just slapped it over there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)

no kidding. It was like a flashback. Now the kid will struggle a little bit, and I know this, but i like the energy that these younger guys bring to the team, especially with their drive to help the team and do their job. I think it rubs off on the other guys.