White Sox Devil Rays, 6/27/07 (W)

Balance

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 02:13 AM)
I don't care it's 93 or 103 as long as it gets people out.

Well, maybe if he had the 97 mph fastball again, he could pitch in tied games or go longer than one inning.

Nice win....keep the mojo up, and sign Buehrle in the next few days.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay, we won 3 in a row and a series... time to go back to sucking and try and get that first pick.

If that's you're honest thought, you're not a Sox fan.

The baseball draft is not like the NFL or NBA draft. Our new scouting director realizes this as well.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)

The baseball draft is not like the NFL or NBA draft. Our new scouting director realizes this as well.

If he thinks the team losing will help them in the long run then how does that make him a bad fan? He has good intentions. I didn't know there were certain rules you had to follow in order to be a real fan.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
okay, we won 3 in a row and a series... time to go back to sucking and try and get that first pick.

Seriously, relax with all this 1st pick talk already. I can understand wanting to trade for young talent, but you don't pray for a 1st pick like it's the NBA.

Just disregard everything I say btw, I haven't slept in 2 days.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he thinks the team losing will help them in the long run then how does that make him a bad fan? He has good intentions. I didn't know there were certain rules you had to follow in order to be a real fan.

Because the getting the number 1 pick is not the only way for this team to help them out in the long run, and it shouldn't certainly not be the goal of this team. If this organization wants to turn it around, it's going to take a lot more than a simple pick.

If you are rooting for the Sox to lose, you are not a fan of the team. It's as simple as that.

You busted me.... I'm not a real fan.

You busted me.... I'm not a real fan.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Seriously, relax with all this 1st pick talk already. I can understand wanting to trade for young talent, but you don't pray for a 1st pick like it's the NBA.

Just disregard everything I say btw, I haven't slept in 2 days.

thats not good. you really should go get some sleep. I am ording you to go to bed right now :D

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
Because the getting the number 1 pick is not the only way for this team to help them out in the long run, and it shouldn't certainly not be the goal of this team. If this organization wants to turn it around, it's going to take a lot more than a simple pick.

If you are rooting for the Sox to lose, you are not a fan of the team. It's as simple as that.

You just gave me an opinion masked as a fact. I'll admit that openly rooting for your team to lose isn't a great way to go about it but if someone feels the best way for this team to turn s*** around in the future is to keep losing games now then I don't see how that makes them any less of a fan.

Do you think I like the fact that the Sox suck and hate the fact of winning? This team is bad, and I hate it. I still get pissed when sox lose games, just like everyone else. If I could choose between going 60 and 20 or whatever it is for the remander of the season and making the playoffs or between going 20 and 60 for the remander and getting the first pick, of course I would choose the playoffs. But that ain't happening. Now, if I had the choice of going 40 and 40 for the remander of the season and finishing in the middle of the pack or beetween going 20 and 60 for the remander and getting the number 1 pick, you're damn right I would choose going 20 and 60 for the no. 1 pick. Those extra 20 wins do NOTHING for us.

Now, lets say this team was like the Marlins or D-Rays. I would choose the have extra 20 wins because the team is already young and filled with talent. No more top talent is really a big need, but seeing improvement and the team winning and getting better would be needed. Those teams would be going forward by winning those 20 extra games. We'd only be going backwards.

I hate the fact that this team is sucking, and that is why I want it to do a rebuilding at get the top pick. So this team would be young and talented and be able to compete for several years to come. Call me crazy, but god dammit, I want 15 straight divisional titles like the braves. And with this current team and farm, that aint gonna happen any time soon.

Edited by BearSox

Amen. ( well I guess one could still be a fan, but a misguided fan at that.)

Another thing to consider is the ability to attract quality free agents. The Sox are more likely to convince a free agent to sign on with them if they go on a tear in the second half and finish with a respectable record than if they finish with 90 losses or more.

Just for example, does anyone think a guy like Ichiro would consider signing a contract with a last place team next year? Money is a major factor but not the only factor. Having a chance to win means a lot to some players.

And regardless, I want the Sox to win every time they play.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man