White Sox vs. Twins, Game 2 of DH, 7/06/07 (L)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was saying this in ST but have you seen Gavin speak? His body language and tone make him seem like a 6 foot 5 wus boy with absolutely no balls whatsoever.

I don't think he has the head to compete- he clearly has the stuff- but once he gets rattled out there its as if he just gives in and that's that. My .02

we can thank those crazy idiot philly fans and their crazy media that hasn't seen a winner in about 50 years.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 01:33 AM)
major league gameday is also stuck in the middle of the third.

maybe Reinsdorf ordered it shut down.

no more bad news.

Gameday gets stuck a lot it seems

man, the server is getting jammed up. it must be all of those foolish tigger fans coming here to bask in our glory. the funniest thing i've seen in years was watching the entire Tiger pitching staff meltdown and set the major league record for errors committed by pitchers in a World Series. that 80 win cardinal team might be the worst world champions of all time.

watching fields and dye at the plate is night and day. you can tell which one is battling every pitch and which one has already given up.

What conclusions can we draw of Floyd from this start? Not anything concerning his career, but his immediate future.

I'd say, for one, he can't locate his fastball anywhere but don't the middle. Second problem, his curveball can't find the plate. The last is concern is why didn't he incorporate a changeup or slider more?

If this is an example of the most major league ready pitcher in our system, we're in more trouble than anyone thought. This was supposed to be our organization's strength.

NICE, Floyd waited until the 6th inning to finally pitch.

Too bad he's losing 6-0.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What conclusions can we draw of Floyd from this start? Not anything concerning his career, but his immediate future.

I'd say, for one, he can't locate his fastball anywhere but don't the middle. Second problem, his curveball can't find the plate. The last is concern is why didn't he incorporate a changeup or slider more?

If this is an example of the most major league ready pitcher in our system, we're in more trouble than anyone thought. This was supposed to be our organization's strength.

like previously mentioned, he just doesn't have the gusto upstairs to get it done. you hate to rule out a 24 year old but he's been pitching in the majors for 3-4 years. i know he hasn't pitched consistently but remember how the Phillies brought him up way too early? welp, that's what did him in. he should never have pitched in the majors at 20 years old or however old he was when Philly first brought him up. gavin has a ML fastball and curveball but that doesn't mean a thing if he continues to let batters get in his head.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)

NICE, Floyd waited until the 6th inning to finally pitch.

Too bad he's losing 6-0.

I haven't seen one changeup all night- I haven't been watching every pitch, however, and thankfully.

i like how garza just gets called up from AAA and can lay a bunt down better than half our roster filled with overpaid 30 year olds...

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
like previously mentioned, he just doesn't have the gusto upstairs to get it done. you hate to rule out a 24 year old but he's been pitching in the majors for 3-4 years. i know he hasn't pitched consistently but remember how the Phillies brought him up way too early? welp, that's what did him in. he should never have pitched in the majors at 20 years old or however old he was when Philly first brought him up. gavin has a ML fastball and curveball but that doesn't mean a thing if he continues to let batters get in his head.

Garland got roughed up when he was 20 and turned out ok. It's just a matter of him not being a fighter. I realize he may be a laid back guy, but have you seen any emotion out of the guy? I mean, doesn't having some balls and being competitive count for anything??

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
i like how garza just gets called up from AAA and can lay a bunt down better than half our roster filled with overpaid 30 year olds...

I thought the same thing.

Why the hell didn't Pierzynski call a curveball? They should have known even before he came up that Garza would be bunting. If that wasn't obvious, it was more than clear when Garza set up before Floyd was in motion.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
Do you think Twin fans were acting the same way after Garza made his debut for the Twins?

2.2IP? 8H, 7ER, 2HR, 2K,2BB.....

Was that the most major league ready pitcher they had at the time?

It's one start.

Garza didn't have anything aside from a fastball in the start you're referring to. Thus, he was demoted.

Floyd doesn't have that excuse. He can't find the strikezone or locate anything that does fall within the zone.

I don't care if this is Floyd's first start. He hasn't located his fastball or curveball with any consistency. Am I not allowed to give an assessment of his one start? As I said within the post, I'm not attempting to label him a bust. He doesn't improve these problems in his next start, whenever that is, it won't be pretty.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
And you really feel like you can make an accurate assessment of a player after 6 IP?

I haven't given up hope on the guy however his personality doesn't inspire me to believe he has the guts to go after people up here. I thought that of the guy in ST and still do.

If he can stop being afraid of the bat and pitch through the tough times then he has a chance. I wish he'd show a bit more balls and throw less balls, however.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 6, 2007 -> 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A sad but true fact! :crying

just stay focused on the fact that we did win it all in '05. no matter how much hype you hear on the northside or from any other town, it doesn't mean a thing unless you got the ring.