Bush tells Miers screw a congressional order and keep quiet!!

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
Thats fine, and probably a good idea. However, this "outrage" over these US Attorney's being fired is completely manufactured. This has been going on for a long time. Is it really fair to make an example out of Gonzales? Wouldn't it be better to change the how the process works rather than just go after this guy for doing (albeit later than most) what many of his Predecessors had done?

There seemed to be a few very pissed off Republican senators at the hearings this week. Its not just the Democrats. This administration is just completely ignoring law and precedent, as Balta laid out.

Gonzalez is a joke with zero credibility and loads of incompetence. He needs to go, immediately.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
I don't think what happened with Gonzales is this HUGE deal that needs this much attention. What happened is standard... firing of attorney's for politcal reasons. The other stuff? I don't think any of it has been proven, not sure though because I'm really tired of this level of political bickering and have pretty much been ignoring political news lately. Oh, I'm sure the Dems will eventually get their "trophy kill", but I don't think it'll be Gonzales. I'm also sure they'll keep at it until they can get someone.

It hasn't been proven because the administration is refusing to release the key documents that could prove whether or not it actually happened and is preventing key people from testifying. In any other situation other than a claim of executive priveledge, that would be known as obstruction of justice.