Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax fellas

It was half price Monday

I have always maintained that this team or any of the last two year teams would have done better if only the fans would turn out and support them for one full freaking year

But Sox fans are notorious for not attending

I can bet anything if we had even the MLB average attendance until now we would be in first place.....all those close games we have lost this year would not be losses......see the Cubs games over the weekend or at Wrigley.....the Sox (or any team for that matter) would come back more if someone was freaking watching

And we complain how dead this team was at the first 1/3 of the season

I hope the fans finally give up the strike and white flag whining and come out in droves for the remainder of the season

Don't they get it? The more folks attend, the more Jerry will spend.....Jerry will never spend more pre-emptively

Don't they get it? The more folks attend, the more Jerry will spend.....Jerry will never spend more pre-emptively

I had a feeling..... but wasn't sure. This clinched it. You don't know what the f*** you're talking about. Don't believe me? 1993. Look it up. See what JR "the SpendThrift" signed as a pitcher to help for a Division Champion and a League Playoff run. The Sox were outdrawing the Cubs in the early 90's and..... sit down for this..... REINSDORF DIDN'T DO s***!!!!!

Talk about JR becoming Steinbrenner when he actually signs a player of caliber directly attributable TO FAN ATTENDANCE and not to GETTING BACK AT MLB's OWNERS FOR VOTING TO END THE STRIKE (Albert Belle) :rolleyes:

We do draw well on special promotion nights.

It does show baseball has outpriced itself.

There is no f***ing reason baseball needed to overspend for players like it did when all the owners ruined the game by outbidding each other.

Ticket prices are way too high and our fans prove it.

Our fans come out on these Monday night deals. Tomorrow night if there's no promotion, it'll be 19,500 at max. right?

Shame on you, baseball.

You charge too much loot.

Guest hotsoxchick1

keep in mind that the kiddies are out of school now too and its getting warmer out.. we always do well when that happens.... toss in a few half price nites and we should draw well for the first couple of days each week..........

I agree cubkilla, this is flawed logic.

Look at the Chicago Blackhawks, for example. This team had some of the most loyal fans in America. Fans kept turning the turnstyles moving and tuned in to WGN when they were still on TV. The old barn was always packed, yet their billionaire owner never spent $$$ on the team. This has been going on for years (and still is going on today). There is a reason players Belfour, Amonte, Roenick, Hull, Chelios, (and the list goes on and on) didn't finish in a Hawks sweater. The place was packed, and $$$ was never spent. Fans started to fall away as ticket prices went up, yet a better roster was never the end result. Now, the f***ing team doesn't sell out a game, (although only gets close when Detroit comes to town).

Granted there are many differences between owners other than this, but it isn't much.

Look at the Chicago Blackhawks, for example. This team had some of the most loyal fans in America. Fans kept turning the turnstyles moving and tuned in to WGN when they were still on TV. The old barn was always packed, yet their billionaire owner never spent $$$ on the team. This has been going on for years (and still is going on today). There is a reason players Belfour, Amonte, Roenick, Hull, Chelios, (and the list goes on and on) didn't finish in a Hawks sweater. The place was packed, and $$$ was never spent. Fans started to fall away as ticket prices went up, yet a better roster was never the end result. Now, the f***ing team doesn't sell out a game, (although only gets close when Detroit comes to town).

Granted there are many differences between owners other than this, but it isn't much.

That's one helluva post on the state of the Blackhawks.

That's one helluva post on the state of the Blackhawks.

And sad :angry:

Did you see Kariya is a free agent?

I have full faith in Bill Wirtz that he will aggressively pursue and woo Kariya :rolleyes:

I have full faith in Bill Wirtz that he will aggressively pursue and woo Kariya :rolleyes:

Screw Kariya... sign Ruutu. :rolleyes:

I had a feeling..... but wasn't sure. This clinched it. You don't know what the f*** you're talking about. Don't believe me? 1993. Look it up. See what JR "the SpendThrift" signed as a pitcher to help for a Division Champion and a League Playoff run. The Sox were outdrawing the Cubs in the early 90's and..... sit down for this..... REINSDORF DIDN'T DO s***!!!!! 

Talk about JR becoming Steinbrenner when he actually signs a player of caliber directly attributable TO FAN ATTENDANCE and not to GETTING BACK AT MLB's OWNERS FOR VOTING TO END THE STRIKE (Albert Belle)  :rolleyes:

TESTIFY!!!!!

Reinsdorf won't spend if/when the money comes in - he simply uses the "50 cents vs. $1" crutch to explain away why he doesn't spend when the money's supposedly NOT coming in.

and the Blackhawk example is an EXCELLENT reference point, as well.

Talk about JR becoming Steinbrenner when he actually signs a player of caliber directly attributable TO FAN ATTENDANCE and not to GETTING BACK AT MLB's OWNERS FOR VOTING TO END THE STRIKE (Albert Belle)  :rolleyes:

TESTIFY!!!!!

Reinsdorf won't spend if/when the money comes in - he simply uses the "50 cents vs. $1" crutch to explain away why he doesn't spend when the money's supposedly NOT coming in.

and the Blackhawk example is an EXCELLENT reference point, as well.

The Sox picked up Belcher who was the hot ticket item in 1993. In 2000 they picked up Charles Johnson and Baines. Get off JR's back, who do you suggest he should have picked up in 1993? JR and the Bulls are a prime example, he thru money at everyone when he had the cash coming in. They had the highest payroll in the NBA by far.If 15000 are coming to a game you can't add $20 million in payroll. JR wants to win as bad as any of us, maybe even more, the White Sox payroll was in the top 10 in baseball in the early 90's, but fans stopped coming to games.I am sick of hearing about the economics as much as anyone, but you have to be realistic. Would you be willing to lose 30-50 million a year so that you might and its not guaranteed win a division?

Our current payroll is LESS than the one time candidate for contraction Minnesota Twins... 'nuff said.

Even after the spike in attendance with the 3 sold out Cub games, they are averaging 2000 more per game than the Sox. They also get a bigger check from revenue sharing. In fact, until this year, their payroll was lower than their revenue sharing check. Its easy to spend someone else's money but you have to be realistic.

If Reinsdorf would put a team on the field that could be competive from opening day forward, the fans would come out. But, they always go through half the season playing like s***, and then pick up the tempo. The fans, though, are always waiting for them to revert back to the boring lethargic team they saw in the first half of the season. They (we) don't believe because they've seen just how bad the team can be. It has happened every year for the past 3 seasons. Even in 2000, we didn't get off to a great start. There were enough flaws in that team, that they kept waiting for the inevitable, and it happened in the playoffs.