Official Soxtalk.com: Rumor Mill!

MurcieOne

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I've always liked the idea of Reynolds, but I just don't think he's going to be as good of a pickup as someone like Daal, simply because he's recovering from surgery.

He's 103-86 in his career

got a 3.95 era

and a K to BB ratio of over 4 to 1

I think he could end up being a complete stud on this team.

and because of his surgery he should come less then Daal.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on Reynolds...is this going to be his first year from surgery or his second? If it is his second, I'd say pick him up...if not, I wouldn't want him...not unless we sign him to atleast a 2-year deal with the plan on rebuilding this year(yet again...geesus tits when are we going to stop rebuilding? It's starting to piss me off).

I read that Daal declined the contract...'spose the Sox will offer him another?

Who knows.  I think it won't happen until December 7th though.

This is Reynolds first year  back.  It was a back injury that sent him down if I recall correctly.

i thought reynolds was comming back from a shattered knee cap???...maybe its both..the guy is a walking disabled list all his own..forget about him

Supposedly they are willing to offer Nick Johnson and one other prospect for Bartolo Colon.

This makes me real happy because It makes me believe we can get him for much less then I originally suspsected. A Package of Lee and Malone may be all it takes to get this deal done.

Yes, Malone is better then any pitching prospect the Yanks could offer up.

Of course Lee must be involved imo. The Sox have plenty of other pitchers they could offer up as well like Diaz. I don't think Rauch or Honel will be a part of the deal. Heck, Lee and Wright for Colon would definately get it done, if the reports are true about the Yanks offer.

Then again, those reports don't say the Expos would do the deal, lol.

The question is whether they will be forced to move Colon. That decision isn't expected till the end of the week or the beginning of next week when MLB sets out their budget.

Guest hotsoxchick1

did you foreget whos heading up the contract the expos fan club??......dont count on us getting colon.... not with jr and his butt buddies daughter trying to get the expos out of mlb.......

Latest rumor...... curteousy of the lovely Michelle......

Sox Trade..... Keith Foulke/Mark Johnson/Prospect...... To Oakland

In return for

Billy Koch

is it me or does Billy Beane have a fetish with Mark Johnson? Does he see something in him that nowone else does?

The only thing I can think is either he thinks Koch is going to have a down year or he sees that Foulke hasn't lost it.

Either way I got confidence in both and this isn't going to be a bad trade for either teams.

To me it would give the Sox enough money where they can pull in a front line starter, even if Frank comes back.

The only thing I can think is either he thinks Koch is going to have a down year or he sees that Foulke hasn't lost it.

Either way I got confidence in both and this isn't going to be a bad trade for either teams.

To me it would give the Sox enough money where they can pull in a front line starter, even if Frank comes back.

Hey Jason..... think that Aaron Harang has anything to do with this? remember there were earlier talks about a deal involving him

Koch offers us what that Foulke doesn't? I am not asking to argue, I am asking to learn. Foulke has blown some big games for us, and scares me sometimes, but has won some for us too - is Koch on the upside or downside of his career? I don't know much about him.

Originally posted by Murcielago

Hey Jason..... think that Aaron Harang has anything to do with this? remember there were earlier talks about a deal involving him

Nope, becuase i don't really buy much into the earlier talks.

This is for Koch, not Harang. Plus, they can't afford to give up any starters right now.

Originally posted by cwsox

Koch offers us what that Foulke doesn't?  I am not asking to argue, I am asking to learn.  Foulke has blown some big games for us, and scares me sometimes, but has won some for us too - is Koch on the upside or downside of his career?  I don't know much about him. 

Koch is only 27 and has a nasty fastball and a good secondary pitch. I can't remember if its the slider or a curve, but its a pretty good one.

Upside wise, Koch has quite a bit since this will only be his 5th year at the major league level. Of course Foulke is great himself, but Koch has the better arm, not that it means much because Foulke has been amazing for the Sox.

Me, I like the deal as long as it isn't a great minor leaguer.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Koch offers us what that Foulke doesn't?

How about a 98 MPH fastball?

That will do nicely.

As long as he doesn't put 2 runners on base every inning just to make me tgo tense until he gets the last out, a la Foulke, and gets the damn saves, I'll be happy.

Guest hotsoxchick1

how about 4 mil less in salary..........and a few years of youth.... and we all know how kw loves those young guys......

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

how about 4 mil less in salary..........and a few years of youth.... and we all know how kw loves those young guys......

isnt koch eligable for arbitration this off season???...which would mean he might be making atleast a much as foulke???

Guest hotsoxchick1

murc, where did you get that pic in your avaitor??? that is so cool.............

i do believe that my source is quite accurate and i only say that because i had it confirmed by someone else just recently.....they both say pretty much the same thing about the moves.....the only thing i havent found out yet and no one is talking is just exactly who the minor player is..this has me a bit worried since if if it were a nobody they would have said something by now......that makes me tend to think its a somebody and it scares me............im all for dumping foulke and johnson and their money for koch and a lower salary and a better shot with a young closer, its the minor player i worry about ... who wont we be seeing in silver and black that we should be.............as far as depth from the bench we will have to wait and see who goes and who may come up....and we have a few questions still with rowand and his recovery....lots of spaces to fill and little time left to do it in as well as little choices in players to fill them with........