Official Soxtalk.com: Rumor Mill!

MurcieOne

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas hang up the byrd idea ok.. i hate to see you get so hopped up on a guy who, if not staying with kc will definately go back to the nl..... he sure as hell aint coming here............

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Is anyone interested in picking up Shawn Estes?

I think he's a decent pitcher, and I'd take him over Daal if he would be willing to sign for Daal like money.

I think we go after Byrd...... we could probably offer him a deal worth while.......

Daal is mediocre, and Estes is to.

Guys.....dependant on how much Paul Byrd puts on statistics...he may take a look and see that he didn't fare very well against the NL other than the Mets(5.1 IP 1 ER)....STL, 6 IP 5 ER, FLA, 4.1 IP, 8 ER, and then the Mets game...he may or may not take this into account...most likely not. But I thought I should atleast make it a point.

I'd definately like Finley. I think he'll ask for too much money though.

Are the Cards going to resign him?

He'd definately be a great leader for the team. Hey, Buerhle wants to go to St. Louis, how bout we bring a little of St. Louis to him(Not that Finley was their long)

By the way, welcome to the board. :D

Originally posted by WSFAN35

Has anyone considered Chuck Finley?  He finished solid with St. Louis and would be a great addition to the Sox rotation.  He probably wouldn't command that much salary either, to boot:metal

If the White Sox sign Finley, does that mean no more WhiteSnake? :(

Originally posted by CubKilla
Originally posted by WSFAN35

Has anyone considered Chuck Finley? He finished solid with St. Louis and would be a great addition to the Sox rotation. He probably wouldn't command that much salary either, to boot:metal

If the White Sox sign Finley, does that mean no more WhiteSnake?

LMFAO!

I still remember when I was working at this grocery store in Orange County when Finley and his wife came in. My buddy and I got his autograph. He was real cool.

The manager b****ed at us, but hey, we weren't working their long anyway.

Too bad his wife beat the tar out of him.

I'd have to think that's that only reason I don't want Finley here....what if he hits a guy that is really pissed at the time and he charges the mound? Is he gonna run to his teammates like a little b****? I don't want a pussy for a pitcher that can't defend himself.

If he gets the s*** beat out of him by his wife, then what the hell is he gonna do against a muscleman of a LFer, RFer, 3B or a 1B? Hell, what in the hell would he do if Omar Vizquel charged the mound? If that happened, I'd have one thing to say...

"20 bucks on Omar"

Originally posted by witesoxfan

I'd have to think that's that only reason I don't want Finley here....what if he hits a guy that is really pissed at the time and he charges the mound?  Is he gonna run to his teammates like a little b****?  I don't want a pussy for a pitcher that can't defend himself.

If he gets the s*** beat out of him by his wife, then what the hell is he gonna do against a muscleman of a LFer, RFer, 3B or a 1B?  Hell, what in the hell would he do if Omar Vizquel charged the mound?  If that happened, I'd have one thing to say...

"20 bucks on Omar"

I wouldn't worry about players charging the mound..... if I were a pitcher for the Chicago White Sox, I'd be more worried about William Ligue and son charging the mound :D

Correction, Finley was offered Salary Arbitration which allows more time for negociation. Where it's doubtful that he will sign with another team, there is still a chance he could end up somewhere else if the money is right. However, it's highly unlikely the sox will want to pay him more than the Cards will probably offer him.

Jas, you can include Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling in that outside shot if you want to be technically correct...or you can take out Bartolo Colon. The Expos are trying to sign him long term, but may move Javy Vazquez...you can take out Ortiz too...we have nothing the Giants would want...they have a good 2B(Durham/Kent), SS(Aurilia), 1B(Minor/Snow), C(Santiago), LF(Bonds...he's ok), and CF(Grissom/Durham), and if Kent accepts their arbitration offer, he could move to 3B...that opens up RF, and I personally don't want to give up Maggs or Borchard for Ortiz when we could get a s***-load more for either of them, and I know that Ortiz is a pretty good pitcher too.

Vazquez is the only pitcher we have a legit shot at trading wise....unless you think Sidney Ponson can go in their class...and I personally think he is a #4 pitcher...I'd rather sign Omar Daal than trade for Ponson.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Jas, you can include Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling in that outside shot if you want to be technically correct...or you can take out Bartolo Colon.  The Expos are trying to sign him long term, but may move Javy Vazquez...you can take out Ortiz too...we have nothing the Giants would want...they have a good 2B(Durham/Kent), SS(Aurilia), 1B(Minor/Snow), C(Santiago), LF(Bonds...he's ok), and CF(Grissom/Durham), and if Kent accepts their arbitration offer, he could move to 3B...that opens up RF, and I personally don't want to give up Maggs or Borchard for Ortiz when we could get a s***-load more for either of them, and I know that Ortiz is a pretty good pitcher too.

Vazquez is the only pitcher we have a legit shot at trading wise....unless you think Sidney Ponson can go in their class...and I personally think he is a #4 pitcher...I'd rather sign Omar Daal than trade for Ponson.

Pretty much dead on....... However, I think Ponson is better than you give him credit for....... he can deal it when he's on. I think in the right enviroment, he could become a number 2 pitcher..... is this the right enviroment? thats awhole another can of worms.

Here's a obsurd offer that was mentioned in another thread....... I hate the idea.

From ESPN.Com

Chicago White Sox send third baseman Joe Crede, outfielder Joe Borchard and pitcher Josh Stewart.

Crede gives the Expos a third baseman for when they hopefully dump Fernando Tatis. Borchard is the long-term answer in the outfield. Stewart capped a great year at Double-A Birmingham with an outstanding performance in the Arizona Fall League.

Guerrero will cost White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf plenty, but his White Sox need to do something to get fans' attention, and remember, Reinsdorf has a history of occasionally splurging on big names like Frank Thomas and Albert Belle.

Originally posted by Murcielago

Here's a obsurd offer that was mentioned in another thread....... I hate the idea.

From ESPN.Com

Chicago White Sox send third baseman Joe Crede, outfielder Joe Borchard and pitcher Josh Stewart.

Crede gives the Expos a third baseman for when they hopefully dump Fernando Tatis. Borchard is the long-term answer in the outfield. Stewart capped a great year at Double-A Birmingham with an outstanding performance in the Arizona Fall League.

Guerrero will cost White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf plenty, but his White Sox need to do something to get fans' attention, and remember, Reinsdorf has a history of occasionally splurging on big names like Frank Thomas and Albert Belle.

I hate it too....we need pitching, not offense...we already have one of the best offenses in the game, and if we acquired Vladdy with that package, we would be left without a CFer (though Vladdy did play CF in the All-Star game...however, I believe his arm is too valuable to be an everyday CFer), without a really good defensive and offensive 3Bman(probably Jose...I'd rather have him at SS and then have a power hitting SS and 3B, regardless of their average, because god knows Jose would hit the same at 3B and then we'd be stuck with Jimenez/Hummel at SS and Jimenez/Harris/Hummel at 2B, whoever earns the spot....we probably wouldn't be well off with that)....and then we'd lose Vladdy after this year, cuz he'd want atleast $20 mill a year, and that is way to f***ing high for anyone to be earning, including one of the best all-around players in the game.

According to them, we'd have

C - Olivo

1B - Konerko

2B - (I'll take a guess) Hummel

3B - Valentin

SS - Jimenez

LF - Lee

CF - Guerrero

RF - Ordonez

DH - Thomas

Without the deal(and because I'm a lazy ass, I'm just going to do the ones that change):

2B - Jimenez

3B - Crede

SS - Valentin

CF - Rowand/Harris/(enter name here)

We're probably better at 2B, and if not, a change will be made...we're probably better at SS too....3B we are undoubtedly better and in CF we are much worse...but we not only save ourself the embarrassment of losing the gem of our system along with a great 3B prospect and a good pitcher for a player we would lose after this year anyways, but we save ourself a lot of talent as well.

If that was a package for either 2 or 3 good pitchers or 1 or 2 upper escheleon starters, I could understand it....whether or not I'm way overpricing it. Vladdy isn't worth that much...that was obviously based on what the Expos would get out of it and no one thinking of how the White Sox would benefit...because they wouldn't.

Originally posted by Murcielago

Pretty much dead on....... However, I think Ponson is better than you give him credit for....... he can deal it when he's on. I think in the right enviroment, he could become a number 2 pitcher..... is this the right enviroment? thats awhole another can of worms.

I know another pitcher that can deal it when he's on....his first name is Dan and his last name is the opposite of wrong and he had a 5.17 ERA this year.