Off-Season NHL Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
Whats the deal with Havlat. Is he hurt? People on the Hawks message board were talking about an injury, but I didn't see it anywhere else, and it hasn't really made news...

Eddie O and Dan we're saying it was a groin injury during the game yesterday. No idea how long he'll be out if at all.

Less than a week away, fellers. Unfortunately they've gotten a little dinged up this past week -- Ruutu sat out a few days, Havlat tweaked his groin and obviously Toews is gone for the next several days (at least). I'm pretty sure the defense is shaking out to be Seabrook, Keith, Wiz, Vandermeer, Zyuzin and Johansson. I'd guess Richmond takes the 7th 'extra' spot because they want Barker to get regular minutes at Norfolk. That doesn't necessarily inspire a whole lot of confidence but it's nice to know that Barker, Byfuglian and Hjalmarsson are just a phone call away. They just picked up Karel Pilar from Atlanta but I'd hope he's nothing more than depth.

Thursday at Minny, the fun really starts (probably about the tenth time I've said that this summer). I'm also thinking that final forward spot is going to one of the Badgers, Skille or Burish.

So here's my guess at what we're looking at on Thursday:

Samsonov-Lang-Havlat

Ruutu-Toews-Kane

Sharp-Perrault-Bourque/Williams

Bourque/Burish-Williams/Burish-Lapointe

Koci

Anyone know how the final two lines are going to shake out pairings-wise? Sharp is going to be on the wing, yes? I'm mainly concerned about the 4th center spot -- if you put Williams there you're nuetralizing his offense. Any guesses?

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)
I was wondering how he got Pilash out of Pilar...unless he is french or something. Pilar looks god awful...slow as can be like you said skating in sand.

He also had an awful turnover that led to the third goal. He's been brutal -- I'll be pretty pissed if he makes the team.

I'd guess Johansson is out with this Sopel here, and I think Richmond has done enough to stay as the 7th defender, making it Seabrook, Keith, Vandermeer, Wiz, Sopel, Zyuzin and Richmond.

I agree there is no way that Pilar should make this team....Johansson is certainly the bubble boy. I like the way that D looks right there as you have it. According to the interview with Dale Talon he was calling him Pilash as well....

Edited by EvilJester99

Roster is basically set (these aren't the lines, just me getting the players down someplace):

Samsonov - Lang - Havlat

Kane - Toews - Ruutu

Williams - Perrault - Sharp

Bourque - Burish - Lapointe

Koci

Richmond

Seabrook - Keith

Wiz - Vandermeer

Sopal - Zyuzin

Barker

Johansson

Khabi

Lalime

Zyuzin's got a groin injury. Skille got sent down. Pilar was placed on waivers (again).

I have 24 listed and I'm pretty sure you can only carry 23. I don't know what's going to happen to Richmond. Barker is probably here only till Zyuzin heals up.

Neat. Let's drop the puck.

Well Keith you're close. This just went down:

The Blackhawks are expected to assign forwards Dave Bolland, Petri Kontiola and Jack Skille to Rockford Monday, along with defenseman Cam Barker.

Defenseman Karel Pilar, claimed off waivers from Atlanta Thursday, will go back on waivers.

Winger Adam Burish has earned a roster spot along with defenseman Magnus Johansson.

Andrei Zyuzin suffered a groin injury Saturday night in St. Louis and is day-to-day.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:21 AM)
Looks like the Hawks got it right. Would like to see Jack get a chance, but his time will come. Glad to see Pilar not on the squad, with Mags making it.

Eddie O berried Pilar yesterday and it was great. Sopal wears 56 and Dan was making a comment like "He might be wearing that number come opening night on Thursday", and without missing a beat Eddie jumps in and goes, "No, he'll be wearing 5."

It made me laugh so hard.