Todays Roster Moves

joeynach

According to Rotoworld the sox are going to activate Pods and Erstad today. Although Id like to see Owens get a majority of CF the rest of the way we have two corresponding moves to make. Between Gonzalez, Terrero, and Owens 2 of the 3 need to be sent down to make room. Obviously the most valuable is Owens and we would all like to see him stay. Gonzalez is 0 for this last 19 and is probably headed back to AAA. Terrero is out of options so he would need to slip through waivers. So the sox need to decide if they are perhaps parting ways with terrero permanently today, which I have no problem with.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrero is garbage, and Gonzalez isn't anything too special either. I would be so excited if they kept Owens (who seems to offer the most out of the three players) and brought up the other two clowns, Pods and Erstad.

Is there a way we can DL Terrero (fake injury) and keep him from being claimed for a bit?

Edited by Beastly

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
Chances are at least one of these guys will get hurt again within 2 weeks. That's why I think Terrero will stay.

Yo I'm in on this bet! I say it's Erstad first. Seeing that it's been a while, he gets spooked by the fireworks after "Thunderstruck" starts and tweaks a hammy, knocking him out for all of August.

Who's with me?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Yo I'm in on this bet! I say it's Erstad first. Seeing that it's been a while, he gets spooked by the fireworks after "Thunderstruck" starts and tweaks a hammy, knocking him out for all of August.

Who's with me?

That's ridiculous.

Who's with me?

I was thinking that he gets hurt while the introductions of him stepping out of the Dugout, he sprains his ankle again

Seriously, isn't Erstad the definition of bench guy? I'm not dissing him, just pointing out that you have a guy like that as a backup--experience, he can hit, plays multiple positions. But at his age and with his made-of-glass body, if you start him aren't you really just counting down to the next injury?

JMO.

And where is Sweeney? What are we waiting for with that guy?

owens would most likely be sent down. I highly doubt we carry 3 no-power lefthanded hitters. Gonzalez will likely be sent down as well. Terrero, while he may not be good, he is certainly better then Gonzalez and Owens, plus he does have talent/potential.