Holy Crap!

Soxplosion

First, we kick the crap outta the Twins. I love doing that. And Frank his a bomb. Update time! YEAH! This game was sweet!!!!!!!!!

Then we get Everett and Alomar. Having done this, I no longer wanna trade Loaiza. KW is completely qualified as a GM now. What I woulda done by trading our ace, he does by trading no more than prospects and a mentally screwed up 2 bagger (if DJ is involved). Both these trades are good. They both prove that instead of firesaling, we are fueling up to kick the Twins right outta town. Cotts may be good someday, but hes not going to help us THIS year. Everett and Alomar will. And besides, Cotts had 39 walks in 68 innings. That aint good. Someone said on another thread that no one with so little control can survive in the bigs. Maybe Cotts will prove us wrong, but even if he does, he aint helpin us this year. I really dont understand why everyones whining about losing Cotts when were getting a guy with 51 RBIs. Need I say that would lead the team? And in the Alomar deal we lost Ring but I think well be able to survive. I am actually kinda disappointed in losing him, but like I said, I care about this year. And this year, Alomar will help us and Ring wont. And Robby is united with Sandy so that might be extra motivation for him. We can deal with the future later. Heres what I think our new lineup will look like. Please tell me if you agree:

Alomar 2B (who else could leadoff? Alomar has stolen loads of bases in the past and his obp is decent)

Valentin SS

Frank 1B

Magglio RF (or should Maggs CF?)

Everett CF

Lee LF

Daubach DH

Crede 3B

Olivo C

This lineup is diesel! Tell me what ya think.

KC & MINNY, YOURE GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

First, we kick the crap outta the Twins. I love doing that. And Frank his a bomb. Update time! YEAH! This game was sweet!!!!!!!!!

Then we get Everett and Alomar. Having done this, I no longer wanna trade Loaiza. KW is completely qualified as a GM now. What I woulda done by trading our ace, he does by trading no more than prospects and a mentally screwed up 2 bagger (if DJ is involved). Both these trades are good. They both prove that instead of firesaling, we are fueling up to kick the Twins right outta town. Cotts may be good someday, but hes not going to help us THIS year. Everett and Alomar will. And besides, Cotts had 39 walks in 68 innings. That aint good. Someone said on another thread that no one with so little control can survive in the bigs. Maybe Cotts will prove us wrong, but even if he does, he aint helpin us this year. I really dont understand why everyones whining about losing Cotts when were getting a guy with 51 RBIs. Need I say that would lead the team? And in the Alomar deal we lost Ring but I think well be able to survive. I am actually kinda disappointed in losing him, but like I said, I care about this year. And this year, Alomar will help us and Ring wont. And Robby is united with Sandy so that might be extra motivation for him. We can deal with the future later. Heres what I think our new lineup will look like. Please tell me if you agree:

Alomar 2B (who else could leadoff? Alomar has stolen loads of bases in the past and his obp is decent)

Valentin SS

Frank 1B

Magglio RF (or should Maggs CF?)

Everett CF

Lee LF

Daubach DH

Crede 3B

Olivo C

This lineup is diesel! Tell me what ya think.

KC & MINNY, YOURE GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

:cheers

Or Maybe Rowand should play CF and Everett DH? Use Daubach off the bench? But then again, Daubach is good if you let him play... :huh:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the benefits of having TOO Much talent. :cheers

I think what this adds is depth to the lineup....something we need. We had NO ONE coming off the bench late in a game unless one of our regulars was getting a day off. We now have 10 or 11 guys that could be starting for us....and that is what a lot of playoff teams have. If Jerry can get this to work....and with the way he likes to tinker with s***, I am quite sure he can.....we could get a lot out of this lineup.

OK, I still think hes dangerous because he hates Frank and for that he needs to go. But Ill admit, he deserves credit for this one. With me in charge, Loaiza would be gone and wed have Todd Walker. With him in charge, its only Neal Cotts and Ring gone and Everett and Alomar here...

Well, I had my one trade everything a way a while ago, but I always said that was if the Sox weren't willing to make things happne which I thought they weren't.

Obviously they were willing to and I'm really excited. Still need to add a reliever, imo.

you mean this lineup

1.)Alomar 2b

2.)Everett cf

3.)Thomas DH

4.)maggs rf

5.)hot pauli 1b

6.)lee lf

7.)valentin ss

8.)crede 3b

9.)olivo c

looks nice!

I don't like it. It does what we've been trying to get away from, and that's being too right-handed. We have 4 righties in a row in the middle of that lineup. You need to get Daubach or Everett in the middle of it, plain and simple.

Well, I had my one trade everything a way a while ago, but I always said that was if the Sox weren't willing to make things happne which I thought they weren't.

Obviously they were willing to and I'm really excited.  Still need to add a reliever, imo.

Agreed on the reliever, though I don't necessarily feel we need to trade for one.

Then again, I'll have to see who we traded to Texas. If Ginter went with Jimenez and (I hope not) Cotts, then we probably should trade for one.

you mean this lineup

1.)Alomar 2b

2.)Everett cf

3.)Thomas DH

4.)maggs rf

5.)hot pauli 1b

6.)lee lf

7.)valentin ss

8.)crede 3b

9.)olivo c

looks nice!

Well, wsf already got to the righty-lefty problem in that lineup, but he missed that Thomas should play first. Look at the splits, hes much better at first.

And a few days ago, we woulda been happy with four rightys in a row, now were freakin out over it. I love havin too much talent... :headbang

I am excited. At the beginning of the year, wed say something like "Rowands in CF?! This is terrible. We have so many holes." Now instead of debating which poor player gets to play, were debating which good player gets to sit. It really is fun, isnt it?

And shoot, this board has really come alive. Two days ago at 6 AM ET, no one woulda been here. But five guys are here today, and the posts just keep on coming. This team is scary!

Obviously they were willing to and I'm really excited.  Still need to add a reliever, imo.

A reliever would be nice but then we may be confused for the Yankees who do this s*** every year. ;)

Nice to feel like a winner once in a while. My thinking is the Club really believes we can win something this year. I'm tired of trying to build something for 3 years down the road. with injuries, free agents, etc. that never seems to work.

I'm more excited now then back in spring training and I was really excited in spring training.

Just think what can happen if PK get's on a roll. That would be one scary lineup :ph34r:

I hate to burst your bubble, but I think PK's days here are limited. There's no use for a guy who can't get on base if his life depends on it. If he's not striking out, he's hitting weak pop ups to the infield. He would only bring this team down. If we are to have anything from him this year, he's gotta work out the kinks in the minors.

Yes PK's days might be limited here, but from what I understand he's still working hard to try and get it back together.

As for leading off I'll take Willie Harris leading off and Alomar second.

When Rowand is in flip flop Alomar and Rowand.

Let's kick some ass.

CWSOX45

Loved your posts Roman.  You're excited as hell and that's fun.  But, I'll tell you, I've always had problems with string of righties in our lineup.  wsf is right.  You gotta break them up.

Being too right-handed is what killed us in the end in 2000, and has killed us over the past 2 years. Pitchers never had to adjust, they never had a new inside corner, their catcher was setting up in the same spot, and if he found one pitch that worked against us, we were done for. With more lefties in the lineup, a pitcher might throw a curveball that buckles a righties knees, but is hit a mile by a lefty. It forces the other manager to go to his bullpen quicker in the postseason(not that I'm saying we're going to the postseason quite yet, but I feel we have a very good shot), and overall, we become a much more dangerous team.

I'm excited.

If we can get everyone a lot of playing time(like 5 games a week or so), or we find a set of hot bats and we stick with it while making an adjustment every once in a while, this offense could really take off. I feel we are going to be doing it like the Yankees and the Red Sox are doing it, not like the Blue Jays did it and how we did it in 2000, where everyone gets hot for a period of time and you just kill the ball. This will be a good offense, and we'll get more clutch hits because we'll have better hitters coming off the bench.

Right now, I can understand wanting to get Everett and Robby in to get them in. But we gotta make sure that Aaron gets in and that Willie gets in too. Aaron is swinging a very good bat right now, and I really don't want to waste that. Getting him in at CF would not be a bad idea, and having him leadoff would also be a good idea.

I like our chances.