200 homers

WilliamTell

doubtful....with owens, gonzalez/cintron, and richar in the lineup everyday id say that trio will hit like 5 max the rest of the way....so basically 6 guys need to hit 45 in 31 games..... so fields thome konerko dye uribe and AJ all need to hit between 7-8 HR in 1 month......8, 7, 8, 8, 4, 5 are their monthly highs this year, so each needs to match/exceed that in the final month of the year, which is prolly not gonna happen especially considering in less than a week ryan sweeney could be taking ABs away from Dye

While the power numbers from our starters have been generally disappointing....what has also been very disappointing is the fact that hall/molina, cintron, gonzalez have given us a total of 2 HR off the bench, especially considering we had light hitting scott podsednik/darrin erstad in the lineup frequently.....i mean at least cintron hit 5 last year, i know its not much but 5 extra HR could potentially win you 2 or 3 more ballgames

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 06:08 PM)
The sad part about us missing this number this year...we were tied with the longest streak in history doing so...with the NY Yankees of exactly the same period, and now the Yankees are all but certain to hold that record alone.

I think that "record" is stupid, especially with us. We brought in a ton of one-dimensional hitters and built a team that only does one offensive thing right over the years.

It's going to be awfully tough to do this.

Dye and Konerko are going to have to each get 8 homers each putting them at 34 apiece, Fields also would have to get 8 homers putting him at 25, Thome would have to go on a terror to hopefully get 500 homers this year, putting him at 28, Uribe would have to somehow manage to get 5, Peirzynski would have to have 5 more too.

Dye 34

Konerko 34

Thome 28

Fields 25

Uribe 20

Peirzynski 18

That equals 159, we also have 16 homers from Mackowiak, Iguchi, and Crede which would get us 175. Then the rest of the team right now only has 16 homers which would only get us to 191. It doesn't look likely even if all of our top 6 players get on fire in the last month.

I honestly don't care either way, because it has nothing to do with winning. And while we're on the topic of HRs., I wonder if I am the only one getting sick and tired of the homer-fests at the Cell. How many years has our ballpark led the league? And when will something be done about it? Maybe I'm just an old-fashioned baseball purist... I'm sure most people will disagree with me... but seeing HRs fly out of there - many of which should be fly-outs - is not fun to watch. I realize the Cell has been renovated to death and there isn't much room left, but I would investigate all possibilities - whether it's raising the height of the fences, or moving back home plate a bit... but something has to be done. The Cell is an absolute launching pad.

I know, off-topic a bit. Sorry, just venting after last night. :)

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 09:41 AM)
I honestly don't care either way, because it has nothing to do with winning. And while we're on the topic of HRs., I wonder if I am the only one getting sick and tired of the homer-fests at the Cell. How many years has our ballpark led the league? And when will something be done about it? Maybe I'm just an old-fashioned baseball purist... I'm sure most people will disagree with me... but seeing HRs fly out of there - many of which should be fly-outs - is not fun to watch. I realize the Cell has been renovated to death and there isn't much room left, but I would investigate all possibilities - whether it's raising the height of the fences, or moving back home plate a bit... but something has to be done. The Cell is an absolute launching pad.

I know, off-topic a bit. Sorry, just venting after last night. :)

I completely agree with you.

I don't like seeing all the home runs either, for me, there's not much left for this season so I'm keeping track of the number of homers. If we were winning I could care less. In 2005 we ended up with 200 exactly and I didn't care at all, because we had a good team.

• 3 weeks later...