2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
Half of the D doesn't belong in the NHL, and the jury is still out on Buff as a legit D man. Detroit has to be licking its collective chops for Sunday....

Speaking of our D, where the hell is Barker? Is he injured or something? I just noticed he is a scratch for tonight. What's the deal?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 04:17 AM)
Speaking of our D, where the hell is Barker? Is he injured or something? I just noticed he is a scratch for tonight. What's the deal?

Konroyd mentioned that he caught the flu late.

Yeah, this sucks. We're starting three terrible defenseman (brutal play by MagJo on one of the goals), Khabbi was terrible and to top it all off, ANOTHER player is hurt. Can this team catch a f***ing break with the injuries? This is a freaking joke...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 1, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
Konroyd mentioned that he caught the flu late.

Yeah, this sucks. We're starting three terrible defenseman (brutal play by MagJo on one of the goals), Khabbi was terrible and to top it all off, ANOTHER player is hurt. Can this team catch a f***ing break with the injuries? This is a freaking joke...

That explains it. I know Savvy wouldn't start those two scrubs over Barker unless he was forced to.

With all the injuries it makes you wonder how good this team would be if all the IR guys were healthy.

This is brutal. Toews with an odd injury, praying to God it's nothing serious.

MagJo brutal on one goal, Buff bad on another...this team is hurting right now. However, we had what, 19 shots that period? That's still a great effort, hopefully a few more go in, we need next goal badly.

Terrible night.

But, something like this may now force DT's hand, so he won't try to upgrade right now (or at the deadline possibly).

And this team isn't built to win right now.

Next season with the contracts coming off the books and the young players a year older, then this team can start to think about contending.

This is a team for next year playing incredibly well and over their heads. We get that vagine Havlat back tomorrow, but he'll be out soon enough again.

Without Toews, this team loses a lot of punch. I'd love to see Khabibulin traded before the deadline to a team in need of a veteran goaltender. His window is closing just as the team's is opening. It would make most sense to trade him and call up Crawford to backup Lalime.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)
I was so excited about this team a few weeks ago, but now it seems they have no chance of making the playoffs. They really need to get into the playoffs for people to take notice.

Damn these injuries.

To be fair, if they win last night they currently hold the 8th spot in the Western Conference... and that's with their best player having played less than 10 games.

However, the league is learning how to defend the rooks, especially Kane, so that hurts. Saying they have no chance to make the playoffs is pushing it, because they could easily find themselves fighting for the 8th spot come season's end... but the real year to watch for is next year.

This injuries are a real b**** though.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 08:31 AM)
This is a team for next year playing incredibly well and over their heads. We get that vagine Havlat back tomorrow, but he'll be out soon enough again.

Without Toews, this team loses a lot of punch. I'd love to see Khabibulin traded before the deadline to a team in need of a veteran goaltender. His window is closing just as the team's is opening. It would make most sense to trade him and call up Crawford to backup Lalime.

Then they would really, really, really, really need a goalie for next season.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
Then they would really, really, really, really need a goalie for next season.

Agreed.

You can not trade Habby unless you have a plan for the net in 08-09.

Now if some team such as Tampa gets really desperate and wants to really really overpay us, then we listen.

Huet's a guy that I like quite a bit as a goalie.

Not sure what his stats are this season, but I think Montreal wants to open up the net for Price to be their bookend for the next 10-15 years.

If you could trade Khabi for say an expiring contract + early picks, and then sign Huet to a deal in the off-season, that'd be something that I'd look at.