7/2--->Sox vs. Twinkies Game Thread

Heads22

A couple of weeks ago if someone told us we would go 9-3 against the f***ing Cubs and Twins, go out and get Robbie and Everett, how many f***ing people woulda believed it? :headbang

before the Boston series I said we'd win 12 by the time this series was over - I think we won 11 - I missed by one, sorry

the trades of course are unpredictable

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whitesox said:

" Wow, what this win must have felt like to the newbies. This should definately wake them up and show them what this team is all about. Pretty memory first game in a new uniform if you ask me. "

I was thinking the same thing. And frankly it was nice two of the veteran Sox - paulie and frank - were the final heroes. Alomar and Everett can be heroes tomorrow or the next day.

Anyone see Alomar jumping all over the place when he hit that ball down the line that just went foul.

I saw Everett all pumped up in the dugout too during the whole game.  I am so pumped to be a Sox fan.

My dad often apologizes for raising me a Sox fan, and jokes that he wishes his dad hadn't raised him as a Sox fan...

tonight the mood is different...Go Sox!

I read this thread from during Frank's at bat through the end. It is so much fun to read and feel everybody's optimism and excitement. What a wonderful, wonderful two weeks this has been!

C'mon Sox ... keep it rolling!!!

Great game! Great win! I love the atmosphere of the players lately. PK hitting a big clutch dinger and after that i decided to take my signature away. GO PK!!! Frank you are the man!!! 20 HRs before the AS break he will have 24 in the break ane we will be in first place!!! GO SOX!! GO SOX!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Frank absoltely murdered that ball! I mean 3 pitches earlier he hooked a bomb foul. 3 pitches later he keeps it for a for a White Sox Winner! I had a smile on my face the WHOOOOLE fgame. They were down 4-0 but I knew they would come back!

Anyone see Alomar jumping all over the place when he hit that ball down the line that just went foul.

I saw Everett all pumped up in the dugout too during the whole game.  I am so pumped to be a Sox fan.

Everett said in a postgame interview on AM 1000 that he was, "..... giddy like a woman....." standing on the stairs waiting to go to the on deck circle for warm-ups during Franks walk-off HR at bat. He also said the players here are very similar to the players in Texas and that he gets along with everybody..... the only difference being this team is playing to win their Division while Texas was just playing for respect.