Huckabee/Obama Win Iowa Caucuses

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
how do you figure that?

the highest he was projected to finish in Iowa was 3rd... he's running 4th.

New Hampshire is McCain's big chance, he's made a furious run there and has pulled into a statistical tie with Romney.

No matter what happens, the media was going to declare it as a win for McCain anyway. And they might have done the same thing with Obama too. Because they've decided those are the likeable ones.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
Go Obama. For an extreme right wing religious fundamentalist canidate, Huckabee is somewhat likeable. Although if wins the presidency i'm moving to Ireland.

Am I allowed to call this the biggest Colbert bump yet?

I think its interesting that the Des Moines Register is yet again showing its accuracy in polls, like it had in 04 and 00. People questioned the large number of new caucus-goers in their poll, and sure enough, they are saying the largest ever number of them went - 40%+.

I am ecstatic about Obama winning. This is great news. And this is so key for him the rest of the way.

Huckabee, while I am not a fan, its nice to see someone somewhat anti-establishment winning both parties. I just hope it doesn't mean he has handed the nomination to Rudy Giuliani, who I detest.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
No matter what happens, the media was going to declare it as a win for McCain anyway. And they might have done the same thing with Obama too. Because they've decided those are the likeable ones.

Your probably right about that, but considering where McCain's campaign was two months ago... a strong 3/4 finish is victory of sorts. If he finds a way to win in New Hampshire, then he is a legitimate contender.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
If Hillary ends up finishing third, that will set up a "Comeback Kid" scenario in New Hampshire.

Don't like that one single bit.

Cant be the comeback kid when you have pretty much acted as the defacto winner the past 6 months.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
Jack Caferty says Iowa is white. Really?

I have a joke about that actually. I had classmate in college that was black and we used to talk all the time. I made a joke about iowa being white and having NEVER seen an black person in Iowa all the times I had been there. He laughed. One day I was driving through Coralville and heard this car pull up next to me with the bass CRANKED. I looked over, it was 2 black people!!! I went back to school that next week and told him and he high-fived me. it was funny.

Stupid story, but shows your point.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
Cant be the comeback kid when you have pretty much acted as the defacto winner the past 6 months.

From the people who didn't consider head in the office sex? Anything is possible.

Hilary took a kick in the vag tonight, and I think Obama will carry this momentum... but I'd feel silly counting the Clintons out just yet

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
I have a joke about that actually. I had classmate in college that was black and we used to talk all the time. I made a joke about iowa being white and having NEVER seen an black person in Iowa all the times I had been there. He laughed. One day I was driving through Coralville and head this car pull up next to me with the bass CRANKED. I looked over, it was 2 black people!!! I went back to school that next week and told him and he high-fived me. it was funny.

Stupid story, but shows your point.

If you're not on a college campus, or in like DM, CR or Waterloo, it's like winter there's so much white.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
So, the caucus was actually a long, boring process, but I'm happy with how everything turned out. It was about an hour of my night eating stale cookies.

Thanks for voting for me btw.... friends forever my ass.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 06:55 PM)
From the people who didn't consider head in the office sex? Anything is possible.

Hilary took a kick in the vag tonight, and I think Obama will carry this momentum... but I'd feel silly counting the Clintons out just yet

With Obama already pulling ahead in NH, if historical precedent holds at all, this wins him the nomination, maybe in a near sweep. Because this should turn into a solid lead in NH for him, and a win in NH should give him the whole next round except for Michigan.