Huckabee/Obama Win Iowa Caucuses

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictions:

ObamaClintonEdwards or ClintonObamaEdwards or EdwardsClintonObama or .... .... :lol:

To be honest, I just want it overwith, because I'm tired of hearing about who is going to win Iowa. At that point we will at least have an indication of momentum and nothing more.

Obama, Edwards Surge in Iowa Tracking Poll

The last Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby tracking poll before today's caucuses shows Sen. Barack Obama and John Edwards gaining ground overnight with Sen. Hillary Clinton faling four points to third place -- "a finish that, if it held, would deal a dramatic setback to the one-time Democratic front-runner."

Obama leads with 31%, followed by Edwards at 27% and Clinton 24%.

Said pollster John Zogby: "There is a clear Clinton fade. None of it has been dramatic, but it has been steady."

In the Republican race, Mike Huckabee expanded his lead to six points, 31% to 25%, over Mitt Romney, who led in Iowa polls for most of last year. Fred Thompson is next at 11%, followed by Sen. John McCain at 10% and Rep. Ron Paul at 10%

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
These will probably be about as accurate as my Sox pre-season predictions typically are, but what the heck...

Obama

Clinton -6

Edwards -8

Romney

Huckabee -3

McCain -10

Thompson -12

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say that Paul finishes above McCain and Thompson.

Gov. Bill Richardson's campaign is expected to direct their supporters to caucus for Sen. Barack Obama in the second round of voting at Thursday's caucuses in precincts where he is not viable. Two sources familiar with the plan told Iowa Independent that the New Mexico Governor's organizers have been instructed to direct supporters to Obama in the places where they fail to reach the 15% threshold for viability.

Richardson, whose poll numbers in Iowa have hovered near 10% since June, may need a solid fourth-place finish in the caucuses to continue his campaign. And he is best served by directing support away from former Sen. John Edwards, who consistently polls between him and the two national front-runners, Obama and Sen. Hillary Clinton, in national and early state polls.

LINK

Based on this alone i say:

Obama 39%

Edwards 28%

Clinton 27%

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
Yet, I noticed you completely left Paul off the list.

Yeah, I only put the candidates I saw as viable. I didn't put the rest. I think Paul will probably be right on the heels of Thompson and McCain, followed by Giuliani and Hunter with small returns. On the dem side, Richardson will come in a distant 4th, Biden and Dodd behind him in small single digits, and then Kucinich may have a blip here and there.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
I agree, and I'm being serious. You think George W. Bush has destroyed this country? Hillary will run it to hell.

I don't think I would go THAT far, but i think she would continue to divide the country. She can be very divisive (might be just perception, might be reality, i don't know)

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
I don't think I would go THAT far, but i think she would continue to divide the country. She can be very divisive (might be just perception, might be reality, i don't know)

I don't want to find out. I might vote for Hillary over Hitler or Stalin, but at the moment I can't think of too many more who'd I'd choose Hillary over. Ok, I'll add Nero to the list.

Question for those smarter than me on politics (everybody who has posted in this thread, in other words): Just how important is the Iowa Caucus? I know it's the first one and happens here at the start of the year of the election, but what happens tonight matter as much as the media is making it seem like? Thanks in advance for any help you can give to a novice here.

Edited by whitesoxfan101