Rotation...

DaTank

Well, the starting rotation is something like this:

1.) Buehrle

2.) Vazquez

3.) Contreras, Danks, or Floyd

4.) Contreras, Danks, or Floyd

5.) Contreras, Danks, or Floyd

I really do see Floyd and Danks winning the 2 spots, but Ozzie is really mixing it up this year, its confusing. Any of Contreras, Danks, and Floyd are going to be in the final spot winners. Check out the article: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

I sort of see the rotation like this

1.) Buehrle

2.) Vazquez

3.) Danks

4.) Contreras

5.) Floyd

What do you all think about Ozzie's new plan?

QUOTE(palehose23 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 06:03 PM)
1. Buehrle

2. Vazquez

3. Count

4. Colon

5. Danks

Colon won't be pitching until June probably. Besides, Floyd's not going to be released or waived anytime soon. Danks will be sent to AAA first since he has options left.

QUOTE(palehose23 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
1. Buehrle

2. Vazquez

3. Count

4. Colon

5. Danks

I really would love to see Colon signed, but I just don't see it with the money he wants, unless he'll accept anything in a few weeks in nobody wants him.

QUOTE(flavum @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
I don't want Bartolo Colon anywhere near this team.

Why not? If the Sox can get him cheap, it's a win-win situation because if he doesn't pan out, so what, what's a couple million dollars down the drain. But if he does work out we add another veteran and proven pitcher to the rotation. I would like this deal if the price is right, say 1-2.5 million.

QUOTE(jenks45monster @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
Why not? If the Sox can get him cheap, it's a win-win situation because if he doesn't pan out, so what, what's a couple million dollars down the drain. But if he does work out we add another veteran and proven pitcher to the rotation. I would like this deal if the price is right, say 1-2.5 million.

Colon is washed up. 35 years old. 2+ years of on and off the DL, and sucking in between. Time to move on, and give Floyd and Danks 32 starts, and if someone goes down Broadway or Egbert are there to get the experience.

QUOTE(jenks45monster @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
Like I said, it isn't much of a waste of money if he goes on the DL. I'd rather spend 1-2.5 mil. on a hurt Colon than 4.5 on a playing Uribe.

It's not about the money. It's that he'd be blocking someone. I want Floyd to get the chance from the beginning of the season.

And I also like how the bullpen is setup with Wassermann, Logan, Thornton, MacDougal, Linebrink, Dotel, and Jenks.

QUOTE(flavum @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
It's not about the money. It's that he'd be blocking someone. I want Floyd to get the chance from the beginning of the season.

And I also like how the bullpen is setup with Wassermann, Logan, Thornton, MacDougal, Linebrink, Dotel, and Jenks.

I love the bullpen too. I just hope Dotel doesn't go on the DL.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
I think it was in the same article that broke the news Orlando Cabrera doctored his birth certificate by making himself two years younger.

Ok, so what you're saying is he's the only one privy to such information?

I withdraw my original question.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
Link? I haven't read that anywhere.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Some have taken the non-surgical route for rotator cuff tears, like Bartolo Colon, who returned to the Angels in April after a stint on the disabled list

. . .

"With a complete tear of a rotator cuff, the odds are 50-50, I would say, of getting them back on the mound," Lintner said. "Typically [the patient] takes about four months off, then they start start to throw in six or seven months."

The success rate is not one that instills a lot of confidence, and that's why teams are wary when it comes to taking a chance on a pitcher who is attempting to return from a torn rotator cuff.

I was just estimating.

He clearly is not mlb ready at this point in time.