ACC Tournament

Well I saw a Big East, Big 10 and Big 12 thread so I figured the ACC needs one too.

Charlotte,NC

FIRST ROUND

Thursday, March 13

Game 1: No. 8 Wake Forest vs. No. 9 Florida State (Noon)

Game 2: No. 5 Miami vs. No. 12 North Carolina State (2 p.m.)

Game 3: No. 7 Georgia Tech vs. No. 10 Virginia (ESPN2, 7 p.m.)

Game 4: No. 6 Maryland vs. No. 11 Boston College (9 p.m.)

QUARTERFINALS

Friday, March 14

Game 5: No. 1 North Carolina vs. Game 1 winner (ESPN2, noon)

Game 6: No. 4 Virginia Tech vs. Game 2 winner (ESPN2, 2 p.m.)

Game 7: No. 2 Duke vs. Game 3 winner (ESPN2, 7 p.m.)

Game 8: No. 3 Clemson vs. Game 4 winner (ESPN2, 9 p.m.)

SEMIFINALS

Saturday, March 15

Game 9: Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 winner (ESPN, 1:30 p.m.)

Game 10: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner (ESPN, 3:30 p.m.)

CHAMPIONSHIP

Sunday, March 16

Game 11: Game 9 vs. Game 10 winner (ESPN, 1 p.m.)

The grand daddy of confrence tourney's! If my Heels can get to the finals they should have a good chance at a #1 seed, but winning it will lock up the #1 east seed with a trip through the sweet 16 staying completly within the tarheel state. (Greensborough & Charlotte I think)

Edited by JuiceCruz16

Just don't get beat in the 1st round is all I'm asking. Historically Roy hasn't cared about the conference tourney, but I think he needs to put a little more emphasis on it this year with Tennessee and even Duke looming to attain the #1 east seed if they win their tourneys.

That and UNC and Duke are tied with 16 ACC tourney championships a piece. :-)

We need at least two wins to be on the bubble (that assumes we beat UNC in the second game). If we win 3 we could be in depending on what else happens.

It won't happen though. I don't think any Seminole fan is even confident about the WF game. There's no way we could be UNC too.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
We need at least two wins to be on the bubble (that assumes we beat UNC in the second game). If we win 3 we could be in depending on what else happens.

It won't happen though. I don't think any Seminole fan is even confident about the WF game. There's no way we could be UNC too.

Looking good for the 'Noles to get past Wake they are a comfortable 15 points up as I return from my lunch.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
Looking good for the 'Noles to get past Wake they are a comfortable 15 points up as I return from my lunch.

We actually looked like a basketball team today. Too bad we'll get killed tomorrow by UNC. If (big IF) we win tomorrow, it gets interesting.

Miami pretty much locked up a spot today with a nice win. Pretty much coasted the way home for the final 10 minutes or so. A nice matchup against VT tomorrow. I like our chances to get to the semis.

State of Florida 2, State of North Carolina 0!

Ugh, 3 minutes into the game and the ESPN announcers are complaining about no fouls called on FSU.

Down by 7 at the half. It's been closer than that. Hansbrough has no offensive rebounds and hasn't gone to the charity stripe. I wish we'd cut our damn turnovers.

And the complaining by the announcers continues into the 2nd half...and now they're talking about taking Hansbrough on a date?

And this game is over...hello NIT. Go Canes, beat Va Tech and UNC please.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
UNC just sleepwalking through this game. FSU has missed a ton of close shots. Yuck.

The first half was good for us, the second half not so much. That's pretty much the story of the season. What can you expect though when you have so many guys injured?

I would like to see FSU vs UF in the NIT. That'd be fun.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
The grand daddy of confrence tourney's! If my Heels can get to the finals they should have a good chance at a #1 seed, but winning it will lock up the #1 east seed with a trip through the sweet 16 staying completly within the tarheel state. (Greensborough & Charlotte I think)

Not to hijack the thread, but for sheer entertainment/fun year in and year out i'd say the Big East tournament is where its at - no stage like Fri/Sat night at the Garden on ESPN in basketball's mecca(NYC)...but just my opinion.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
Not to hijack the thread, but for sheer entertainment/fun year in and year out i'd say the Big East tournament is where its at - no stage like Fri/Sat night at the Garden on ESPN in basketball's mecca(NYC)...but just my opinion.
That is debateable, and I can see your point, but the "grand daddy" is for being the original and longest running for the majors. ACC is that no doubt.

Virginia Tech gets their must win game today. They can assure themselves a spot with a win against UNC tomorrow, however if they do what I'd expect and lose a respectable, 8 to 10 point decision.......they are firmly on the bubble. However, with all these other bubble teams losing, they'd still have a shot.

Lmao at Ellington for getting a T with less than 3 minutes to go in a tied game. I'm actually really surprised Washington didn't turn around and punch him or something.

Ugh, and ESPN's love fest moves on.

Edited by chimpy2121

Virginia Tech will probably get in with all the help they've gotten and the fact they played North Carolina to the buzzer in what was basically a road game today. As for Tyler Hansbrough.....he'll have his day when he's in the NBA and can't get on the floor, just like what happened to J.J. Redick.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
Mike Patrick was/is 10,000 times worse.

He's a joke too but for Vitale to say if Va Tech doesn't get in their should be an investigation? Alright, Dicky V, Va Tech's resume is god awful but good try.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
He's a joke too but for Vitale to say if Va Tech doesn't get in their should be an investigation? Alright, Dicky V, Va Tech's resume is god awful but good try.

I think there is a pretty good chance that Virginia Tech will get in because the committee (wrongly IMO) puts a lot of emphasis on your last 12 games. But if they don't make it, they are getting what they deserve. Same goes for Kentucky, so has a very similar resume to Tech.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
No chance VT isn't included...you think the NCAA would want that type of bad PR?

Bad PR? They don't travel well for basketball and have only one top 50 RPI win. Plus, if your referring to the shootings, that anniversary isn't until about two weeks after the tournament.

Edited by whitesoxfan101