The "Mighty" Detroit Tigers

sox-r-us

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
NO team who has started 0-7 has ever made the playoffs FWIW

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I also don't think a team with two illegal Cuban immigrants on the opening day roster has ever lost a World Series either, but I'm not quite about to crown the 2008 White Sox World Champions.

I personally think that's more coincidence then anything else. The Sox lost 7 in a row in 2005, they just so happened to do it at a different time of year.

Now, if you said something like the Tigers bullpen blows, or their rotation is full of s***, or that the other teams in the division are also pretty damn good, then I'd lend that a bit more credence.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
NO team who has started 0-7 has ever made the playoffs FWIW

I know you're just throwing that out there, but I wouldn't really put much stock in those stats.

Can anyone find out how many of those teams that started 0-7 ended up losing 90+ games or just under .500 in general? What I mean is that probably those teams weren't meant to be good to begin with. I'm not saying the Tigers don't have any holes because they do have some big ones. Then again they can end up like the 07 sox. Expected to do a lot and everyone just had a bad year at the same time.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I also don't think a team with two illegal Cuban immigrants on the opening day roster has ever lost a World Series either, but I'm not quite about to crown the 2008 White Sox World Champions.

They ain't illegal

The wet feet, dry feet policy (sometimes called the wet-foot, dry-foot policy) is the name given to a consequence of the 1995 revision of the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 that says, essentially, that anyone who fled Cuba and got into the United States would be allowed to pursue residency a year later.

:usa