Nirvana

Bmr31

Nirvana was pretty f***ing good.

Smells like teen spirit is one of my favorite songs.

They had no longevity. Obviously, because of Kobains death. Damn, they were good, though.

What could have been.

Well hey, they could never of matched "nevermind" but Kurt Cobain was absolutely genius. Too bad Courtney killed him. :angry:

What could have been.

What would have been was Kurt was about to start writing crappy acoustic songs a la Neil Young.

He had started saying how sick he was of the "formulaic rock song" and how he wanted to try new things sonically.

Translation: sucky country-flavored crap

While I'm not GLAD he "killed himself" ( ;) right, Courtney??? ), it would have been a shame to watch him become a yodeling banjo-picking crooner.

and Dave Grohl OWNS, by the way.

For me in the grundge era it was all about Alice in Chains. Every album is just great, that's why they are and will always be my favorite band ever.

Alice in Chains > Soundgarden > Nirvana/Pearl Jam. For Me.

Actually, I thought the stuff he was starting to do with Unplugged and the last song they recorded, "You Know Youre Right" was f***ing genius. Much better than Nevermind, or In Utero. They started to expand themselves musically and discovered layering. Sometimes its good to rock out with your cock out... but the Clash were at their best when they were at their most diverse (See: London Calling)

Actually, I thought the stuff he was starting to do with Unplugged and the last song they recorded, "You Know Youre Right" was f***ing genius. Much better than Nevermind, or In Utero. They started to expand themselves musically and discovered layering. Sometimes its good to rock out with your cock out... but the Clash were at their best when they were at their most diverse (See: London Calling)

Nirvana would have just gotten better and "you know you're right" was proof...

Nirvana would have just gotten better and "you know you're right"  was proof...

Not a fan of that song - to my ears, it kinda drones.

I really liked their early punkier stuff, like on Incesticide.

The twangy acoustic stuff does nothing for me.

it cannot be seriously challenged by any serious music student that Nirvana was a great band - there may have been better but they were great - that Colbain was profoundly and tragically gifted - that Nirvana's impact on rock music is profound and changed the course of the American music scene

I don't understand those who blame Courtney Love for Colbain's demise - sure she had a role in his life that was major but if she never existed he would have ended the same - the sad, very sad demons that plagued him, she was only someone who was there, not the cause of his pain, and no one could have saved him - Colbain has responsibility for his choices to the extent that he could control his pain, and the very angst beyond pain that he could endure that killed him by his own hand, was in part the sad fuel for much of the genius in his music - and touches everyone who knows the type of abandonment and neglect that he did as a child - the artist that he was, he was extraordinarily sensitive to it and put to music what much of us feel but cannot express

eatch the unplugged performance again - that was a man just about to check out - which he did - when his pain overwhelmed him

it cannot be seriously challenged by any serious music student that Nirvana was a great band - there may have been better but they were great - that Colbain was profoundly and tragically gifted - that Nirvana's impact on rock music is profound and changed the course of the American music scene

I don't understand those who blame Courtney Love for Colbain's demise - sure she had a role in his life that was major but if she never existed he would have ended the same - the sad, very sad demons that plagued him, she was only someone who was there, not the cause of his pain, and no one could have saved him - Colbain has responsibility for his choices to the extent that he could control his pain, and the very angst beyond pain that he could endure that killed him by his own hand, was in part the sad fuel for much of the genius in his music - and touches everyone who knows the type of abandonment and neglect that he did as a child - the artist that he was, he was extraordinarily sensitive to it and put to music what much of us feel but cannot express

eatch the unplugged performance again - that was a man just about to check out - which he did - when his pain overwhelmed him

There is no debate that the man was depressed, but the vast majority of depressed people do not attempt or commit suicide. There are alternative theories of what happened to Kurt, and I side with the theory of Courtney being responsible. Meaning SHE killed him. By the way, pay close attention to the lyrics of the last few songs he wrote.

the vast majority of depressed people do not attempt or commit suicide.

without digging up stats on that - it can be safely stated that the vast majority of peple who attempt or commit suicide are deeply depressed

the reversal of the equation is the answer

it is nice to have someone to blame when tragedy strikes because then we can catalogue it, pigeon hole it, tie it up, rather than say that the complexity and the confusion and the mystery is something that is not yet attainable by us -

without digging up stats on that - it can be safely stated that the vast majority of peple who attempt or commit suicide are deeply depressed

the reversal of the equation is the answer

it is nice to have someone to blame when tragedy strikes because then we can catalogue it, pigeon hole it, tie it up, rather than say that the complexity and the confusion and the mystery is something that is not yet attainable by us -

Neither one of us have all the facts, but there was a movie released portraying my theory. Its not just a shot in the dark on my part. Also, the ex members of Nirvana are well aware of who is responsible. Gee i wonder why they HATE the b****....

Regarding depression and suicide, i do not have numbers either, but believe me there are millions of depressed people, who never attempt suicide.

What could have been. 

Well hey, they could never of matched "nevermind" but Kurt Cobain was absolutely genius. Too bad Courtney killed him. 

Reasons why courtny killed kurt.

1. MONEY. He was about to retire and was no more use for him

2. MONEY. Nirvana's records would sell in record numbers

3. MONEY. She could easily claim rights to Nirvana

4. MONEY. She could make a Nirvana's best hits albulm, sell all of Kurts journal enteries, and get all the money for it.

5. Kurt was chronicly depressed, so she could easily get away with it.

PS - What peson write more than one, let alone 5 suicide notes? :huh:

welcome to the boards -

I totally disagree with your statements on Colbain and Love, but we are a diverse group of people thought wise and better for it and I look forward to your comments on things, given your unusual name, should be thought provoking!

welcome to the boards -

I totally disagree with your statements on Colbain and Love, but we are a diverse group of people thought wise and better for it and I look forward to your comments on things, given your unusual name, should be thought provoking!

These are just theories. I for one, have first hand experience with "evil b****es" and wouldnt doubt for a second that courtney had A LOT to do with his death. Shes a jealous, manipulative b****, who wants all the attention. I saw something on E yesterday, when she was out with russel crowe, and he was getting all the attention. She just about threw a tantrum. But again, its just a theory. You could be right, too.