Sisco undergoes Tommy John Surgery

rokimar

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
With the way our roster is made up today, Anderson.

The big benefit of having Gload on our roster when we did have him was that he was the only guy we ever seemed to carry who was a legit backup 1b who could give Konerko extra rest or extra days at DH.

The difference now is...if we ever use it, we have the ability to do that anyway with Swisher, who can play some 1b as well as the OF. In other words, Gload's role is now covered. Especially since Ozzie seems pretty determined to keep his main guys in there right now every day (See my sig) Gload would be even less useful than BA.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
The big benefit of having Gload on our roster when we did have him was that he was the only guy we ever seemed to carry who was a legit backup 1b who could give Konerko extra rest or extra days at DH.

The difference now is...if we ever use it, we have the ability to do that anyway with Swisher, who can play some 1b as well as the OF. In other words, Gload's role is now covered. Especially since Ozzie seems pretty determined to keep his main guys in there right now every day (See my sig) Gload would be even less useful than BA.

Exactly. Having the true CF, and a defensive wiz who can play all three OF positions is more important, because we have at least 3 guys on the roster now who can play 1B if you include Thome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
Exactly. Having the true CF, and a defensive wiz who can play all three OF positions is more important, because we have at least 3 guys on the roster now who can play 1B if you include Thome.

The only real thing left that could be done to improve the bench would be to have Alexei be a left handed hitter if possible. Or...as I'm starting to think we should do...swap him with Bourgeois, since JB is listed as a switch hitter. Gives you the left handed versatile bat off the bench, and gets Alexei the AB's he should be getting.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
The only real thing left that could be done to improve the bench would be to have Alexei be a left handed hitter if possible. Or...as I'm starting to think we should do...swap him with Bourgeois, since JB is listed as a switch hitter. Gives you the left handed versatile bat off the bench, and gets Alexei the AB's he should be getting.

Well, I am assuming when Jerry comes back, Alexei will go down, and then you'll have your lefty bat off the bench....(if JO really counts as a "bat").

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
Some guy named Tommy John or something like that Didin't they make a movie about him or something :lolhitting

I think he was a pinball wizard and they made an Opera about him.