Telling statistic about pitching staff?

Bighurt52235

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)
Yeah, that has been a very bright point from our pitching thus far....although we are giving up WAY to many walks...

We're in the middle of the pack right now on walks given up. 8/14 in the AL, 16/30 in MLB.

So, I was watching some ESPN baseball highlights tonight and I was trying to remember how many homeruns the White Sox pitches have given up, and I really couldn't think of a single one. So I hopped online to check, and it turns out the White Sox have only given up 4 homeruns so far this year, 3 less than Braves who are in 2nd, and 19 less than the Reds who are last in the league. Most teams are between 11 and 14, with the average being 12.7. What do you guys attribute this too, considering we've played half our games at home which is a good hitters park? Bad weather? Good pitching? Mix of both? But I was shocked when I found that out.

As a side note, Vazquez is 2nd in the league in K's, keep it up!

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
So, I was watching some ESPN baseball highlights tonight and I was trying to remember how many homeruns the White Sox pitches have given up, and I really couldn't think of a single one. So I hopped online to check, and it turns out the White Sox have only given up 4 homeruns so far this year, 3 less than Braves who are in 2nd, and 19 less than the Reds who are last in the league. Most teams are between 11 and 14, with the average being 12.7. What do you guys attribute this too, considering we've played half our games at home which is a good hitters park? Bad weather? Good pitching? Mix of both? But I was shocked when I found that out.

As a side note, Vazquez is 2nd in the league in K's, keep it up!

As Lou Pinella said last year, "Well It's Been Cold"!!

Buehrle usually keeps the ball down, even though he leads the team with 2 (!) HRs against.

Danks has learned from Buehrle to keep the ball down.

Floyd's head is slowly emerging from his arse.

Vazquez is blowing people away.

Contreras has just been lucky.

Wait til the weather warms up though and we'll see if they can keep that statistic up. Hopefully the phrase Coop'll fix 'em has worked again!