TCSN NOW OPEN

Chisoxfn

Check out TalkChicagoSports

The new front page for the network has launched just in time for the NFL draft. We'll have pieces flowing regarding the Bears selection throughout the day and there is also a Bears and Sox story already active.

We will be adding features to the site throughout the next month or two as it gets better established. Please provide us with feedback.

Note: The Site does not work with Mozilla [Firefox] (it is a sub-standard browser that blows compared to IE). However, I am working on fixing the issues related to Mozilla and hopefully in a week or so the site will show up properly in Mozilla (and when I say it doesn't work, I mean it looks hideous on Mozilla).

Looks great!

Edit: I like the visual presentation of the site, its well organized and not 'overdone'. I also like the feeds into the different forums, I know the other forums aren't quite to the level of Soxtalk yet... but as they become more and more popular this will be a great front page to see what the buzz is among Chicago fans.

Doubly Edit: In case you're wondering, it seems to work great with Safari but doesn't load right with Firefox (on a mac). You seem to already be on top of the Firefox thing though.

Edited by southsidehawkeye

It doesn't work on Firefox. I like the concept behind it though, if thats any consolation.

(ignore this post, I just noticed your original post already had this included :P)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 01:05 AM)
No offense Jason, But I know you can provide better, I've seen it. The page looks 1997 to me. Your network of awesome forums deserves better. Hire a cheap indian designer at craigslist or rentacoder.

Just my 2 cents.

I dunno, it looks fine to me in IE. In Firefox it's absolute piss terrible, but that problem is being resolved.

So if you're looking at it in Firefox, that's your problem.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)
I dunno, it looks fine to me in IE. In Firefox it's absolute piss terrible, but that problem is being resolved.

So if you're looking at it in Firefox, that's your problem.

It seems a few people stopped reading after the first 2 paragraphs.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:15 AM)
It seems a few people stopped reading after the first 2 paragraphs.

I'm glad I did originally because it made me avoid the "IE is better" comment, which is clearly just completely off base.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:12 AM)
Bingo.

Thanks

Ya, It looks horrid in firefox. I'd like to figure out why, but the stylesheet/css is not picking up in FireFox, yet it works on Opera, IE and everything else I've tried. It is really frustrating the hell out of me.

Oh and I am dead serious...IE is now better than FireFox. I was FireFox fan boy #1 for a long time, but slowly firefox has just gotten crappier, imo. I have far more errors surfing the net on Fox than I do on IE. Plus ever site works on IE, many don't work on firefox.

Although I will get it fixed...I swear. Ranger, when you say it in IE did the site look better, or at least better than 1997. I'm not going to say we built a super fancy site, we went with the clean look that is really easy to update which we hope makes it easier to provide as much edgy content on the Chicago Sports clubs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
Although I will get it fixed...I swear. Ranger, when you say it in IE did the site look better, or at least better than 1997. I'm not going to say we built a super fancy site, we went with the clean look that is really easy to update which we hope makes it easier to provide as much edgy content on the Chicago Sports clubs.

I like the clean look. I was just commenting on the apperance from Firefox. I think your network has the ability to become a Chicago Version of Real GM.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
I like the clean look. I was just commenting on the apperance from Firefox. I think your network has the ability to become a Chicago Version of Real GM.

The goal for the front page is to first and foremost provide all of the members with unique content and perspectives that are different than what you see on ESPN or the Tribune (we won't be able to do game recaps like them, but we the fans, have a very good knowledge of the game and an understanding of the franchise and can hit on topics that maybe a general fan isn't as interested in, but a die-hard fan is really interested in).

We also hope to eventually expand and have some cool multimedia stuff on the front-page as well as player interviews. I hope the front page will continue to evolve and the other network sites will continue to grow and that in the end, this will become a leading sports network in Chicago (ie, a place where the die-hards go to get news/info/perspective/interaction).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
The goal for the front page is to first and foremost provide all of the members with unique content and perspectives that are different than what you see on ESPN or the Tribune (we won't be able to do game recaps like them, but we the fans, have a very good knowledge of the game and an understanding of the franchise and can hit on topics that maybe a general fan isn't as interested in, but a die-hard fan is really interested in).

We also hope to eventually expand and have some cool multimedia stuff on the front-page as well as player interviews. I hope the front page will continue to evolve and the other network sites will continue to grow and that in the end, this will become a leading sports network in Chicago (ie, a place where the die-hards go to get news/info/perspective/interaction).

You mean we won't hear the crap we hear from ESPN? Like Mike Golic saying this morning the bears D is aging? :lolhitting

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:30 AM)
You mean we won't hear the crap we hear from ESPN? Like Mike Golic saying this morning the bears D is aging? :lolhitting

Exactly...I figure who better to come up with opinions on moves/transactions/random opinion pieces than die-hard fans who follow a team on a day to day basis. ESPN/Tribune may have the connections we don't, but there are a lot of die-hards that understand the game as much as they do and happen to follow there franchise a lot more (which means they can get into discussions that a general analyst can't).

QUOTE (KevinM @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)
So are the bloggers all set or is there any way I can still pen a few things?

You can definately pen some things. Let me know if you prefer getting messages with ideas or writing suggestions (kind of more structured) or if you prefer to find topics you like an write about them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 11:52 AM)
You can definately pen some things. Let me know if you prefer getting messages with ideas or writing suggestions (kind of more structured) or if you prefer to find topics you like an write about them.

I'm good with getting suggestions -- but still finding my own topics if they come to me (as long as I run it by you though).