5/14 gamethread: Sox (18-20) vs Angels (24-17); CSN; 9:05

Don't get me wrong, the pitching this season has been wonderful and the least of our worries, but I am getting a bit annoyed with the inability to close out an inning after 2 outs.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess switching the order doesn't take the stupidity out of our hitting approach. Crede swinging 3-0, with no outs and a runner on 1st; Uribe doing his typical pathetic swing at a ball in the dirt and outside...

Edited by Want2Repeat

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:34 AM)
Uribe is awesome...ly bad.

Sometimes it worries me that the hitters can't tell when the pitcher is obviously setting them up for a particular pitch. After two straight inside fastballs off the plate, Uribe seemed surprised that Lackey went with the offspeed pitch on the outer corner.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Sometimes it worries me that the hitters can't tell when the pitcher is obviously setting them up for a particular pitch. After two straight inside fastballs off the plate, Uribe seemed surprised that Lackey went with the offspeed pitch on the outer corner.

Do you really think that Uribe has a freaking clue at the plate? See ball, miss ball, see buffet, eat!

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:52 AM)
Every call like that goes against us. Do umps get secretly fined for awful or missed calls?

It sucks they missed the call, but even worse, we have to hear about it for another 6 innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
It sucks they missed the call, but even worse, we have to hear about it for another 6 innings.

Hopefully not since no runs scored.