5/14 gamethread: Sox (18-20) vs Angels (24-17); CSN; 9:05

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (aprec32 @ May 14, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
I get that.....but what does it hurt to get rid of Walker and bring someone new in. Can it get worse? It's been highlighted here numerous times about hitters we have brought in and just turn to crap. At this point....something has to happen and Mr. Walker should be first to go!

Nothing at all. I'm all for firing Walker. I just blame him. But I just don't get how some people think that's going to fix this miserable O. I'm sorry, but we're screwed this and next year with these "sluggers."

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2008 -> 10:51 PM)
The weirdest post in soxtalk history goes to.....NorthSideSox15

Quite an honor. Obviously I couldn't have done this without Paulie.

On a serious note, I am sick and tired of this team not moving runners along and the fact that we're so slow, we're not going to score a much needed run off that double. F'ing Swisher.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ May 14, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
Nothing at all. I'm all for firing Walker. I just don't blame him. But I just don't get how some people think that's going to fix this miserable O. I'm sorry, but we're screwed this and next year with these "sluggers."

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
Nope, and he had great pitches to hit. Swisher makes it seem like there's 20 defenders on the field, same as OC.

The new additions making their mark!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 14, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
How do y'all think we'll do against Garland? A lot of these guys played with him for years, but technically they have never seen his stuff before. Predictions?

He owned us in spring. I'll go with that. On a side note: I think that Dickie Noles would also own us.