And that's a White Sox Winner!!!

justBLAZE

Uribe :headbang

OC keeps my BTS alive with a solo HR, too. :gosox3:

Hopefully we whoop their @$$ tomorrow- De La Rosa is going for them and he has a 8.13 ERA. I'll be there, I hope for 4 runs early just so I can sit back and relax.

BTW, I heard some boos when Pods came in to pinch run. :bang :chair

Edited by whitesoxbrian

What inning did Pods come in? I'd think the drunks would boo him at that point of the game if it was late.

Man, thankfully Uribe got the big hit.

A loss today woulda brought out big time gloom on this board, in the standings and in the Cell.

Great job by Anderson and Uribe and our bullpen.

Hopefully we can get to De LaRosa. I don't believe in jinxes so I'll say there is no reason our right handed hitters do not do some damage against that guy tomorrow.

Just hit him! Go with the pitch and drill it, White Sox!

And bear down against Pods if he starts. He's going to want to stick it to us.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
What was the deal with Gavin tonight? From the splits it looks like he had decent stuff but control issues...trying to blow hitters away with chest high 92 MPH fastballs?

His stuff wasn't bad. Didn't have the really good curve ball or change up. Got beat on a few fastballs and a curveball he left up to Hawpe that he put over the centerfield fence easily. Not his best outing, was just beat on a few pitches on a night where the ball was really carrying.

I think we're going to see more outings like this in our ballpark as the weather warms up if he doesn't have his biting curve.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 02:02 AM)
His stuff wasn't bad. Didn't have the really good curve ball or change up. Got beat on a few fastballs and a curveball he left up to Hawpe that he put over the centerfield fence easily. Not his best outing, was just beat on a few pitches on a night where the ball was really carrying.

I think we're going to see more outings like this in our ballpark as the weather warms up if he doesn't have his biting curve.

Absolutely. I actually have no problem at all with the performance other than his H/HR ratio being 1 (which, you know, isn't usually good). Crazy to think that he actually lowered his BABIP tonight.

I was telling SF1 earlier that I expect his ERA to end at somewhere around 4.25-4.50 with 30+ homers allowed, but I really like him for the future if he can start to consistently throw his curve and change.

Whatever you are thinking or trying to factor in.......................we won!!! It was a well needed victory, no matter how it was delivered. Let's keep it going @ home, we'll figure this road thing out as we go forward.