White Sox @ Cubs

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
If Kemp was a lead off type guy, I'd be for it, but we should be shooting for the stars instead of the ceiling.

And I'm sure Kemp has plenty more AB's than BA, so that really isn't a fair comparison.

So you're saying if Anderson had as many ABs as Kemp, he'd be a 25 HR, 100 RBI, .295 hitter? :lolhitting

So I'm guessing you're suggesting we try to pry Pierre from Colletti's hands?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 04:25 AM)
Cubs scored on EVERY relief pitcher the Sox brought in ALL 3 games. Way to hold them. Hell we may get swept again next week! :gosoxretro:

Cubs have done this all year. They're amazing against relief pitching. They dominate teams at Wrigley from the 7th inning on. It's all why their ability to work pitchers is so important, as starters usually don't make it deep into the game.

Hell we may get swept again next week!

I really thought we were a better team this year and deep down refused to think they'd sweep us this weekend.

Now that we looked horrible in all three games with the exception of only Danks (who else gets a passing grade, maybe Carlos?), I deep down wish I would feel we are capable of sweeping them in the Cell to get even.

I will say Friday's game again will be the key. If they beat our dysfunctional team in Game One, you are right, they may sweep us again.

Unfortunately we have some games before then. Guys have to step up and beat somebody on the road.

Cubs deserve credit; we deserve to be ridiculed. Cubs were reeling after the Rays' series and we had 'em where we wanted 'em in Game One.

Or I should say Danks and Dye did. Then came the implosion and the rest is history.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
I really thought we were a better team this year and deep down refused to think they'd sweep us this weekend.

Now that we looked horrible in all three games with the exception of only Danks (who else gets a passing grade, maybe Carlos?), I deep down wish I would feel we are capable of sweeping them in the Cell to get even.

I will say Friday's game again will be the key. If they beat our dysfunctional team in Game One, you are right, they may sweep us again.

Unfortunately we have some games before then. Guys have to step up and beat somebody on the road.

Dye played well. AJ did alright.

Dye did well I agree; I don't know about AJ. He hit a lot of weak grounders. Maybe he got more hits than I remember.

We looked like a team that missed Thome and Konerko (the good Thome and Konerko, not the ones that sometimes suck).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 01:43 AM)
Dye did well I agree; I don't know about AJ. He hit a lot of weak grounders. Maybe he got more hits than I remember.

We looked like a team that missed Thome and Konerko (the good Thome and Konerko, not the ones that sometimes suck).

You're right. He was 2-14 in the series, my mistake.