Top 10 Hotheads

Jake

I really think that they blew it on this list. Ozzie may be a loud mouth but Lou Pinella is known for screaming at his own players and kicking dirt on umpires. As far as AJ goes he's no hothead, he gets thrown at as much as anyone in the league and he never charges the mound he just takes his base, people just don't like him because he's kind of a jerk, but with AJ all his jerky behavior I think is a totally premeditated attempt to get under the skin of the other teams (and it works too). Being a hothead means that you lose your temper and are out of control while AJ is always under control. Milton Bradley or Kenny Rodgers deserve the top spot on this list.

This is horse s***. AJ gets so much unearned garbage thrown his way. The guy is absolutely not a hothead. In fact, he seems to be quite level-headed. You could make a negative list of anything in baseball, and they'd always just put AJ first because people just believe it when they see it.

EDIT: Not necessarily first, but he'd be on any of the lists.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 06:54 PM)
This is horse s***. AJ gets so much unearned garbage thrown his way. The guy is absolutely not a hothead. In fact, he seems to be quite level-headed. You could make a negative list of anything in baseball, and they'd always just put AJ first because people just believe it when they see it.

EDIT: Not necessarily first, but he'd be on any of the lists.

Exactly, when is the last time you saw AJ lose his cool. It's always other people i.e. Barrett or Mike Soscia (when AJ took first on the ball in the dirt in 05 divisional) who freak out when AJ is around. I'm not saying he doesn't go out of his way to fu** with people but he never loses it.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
Exactly, when is the last time you saw AJ lose his cool. It's always other people i.e. Barrett or Mike Soscia (when AJ took first on the ball in the dirt in 05 divisional) who freak out when AJ is around. I'm not saying he doesn't go out of his way to fu** with people but he never loses it.

He's probably one of the smarter players in the game, as well. He knows how to get into other players' heads and he's been known to out-smart a home plate ump every now and again.

I don't think of A.J. as a hot head at all. In fact, I think part of what makes him so antagonizing is that he has a calm demeanor. A hot head isn't as cerebral as A.J. is.

A.J. is more of an instigator. Like Woody Woodpecker.

Ha-ha ha ha, ha.

It'd be hard to argue for Ozzie, but in no way should AJ be on here. He does nothing wrong, ever. "He didn't have to run in game 2 of the ALCS" says the typical Cubs fan, yet they'd love it if he did. When he ran Barrett over, he did nothing wrong- as a major leaguer, you're taught to run the catcher over if he's blocking the plate without the ball. Also, when a guy charges the mound, it's his job to tackle/hold back/stop that guy from getting to his pitcher.

The guy next to me at the game today told his friend AJ is a jerk.

It just so happens that when you go see the Sox on the road, the only guy who signs any autographs is Guillen (a few), Cooper (a few), and AJ (a bunch).

Not so surprisingly I love catching for that reason, getting into the other team's heads. AJ is about as good as anyone at that, and you have to be thinking and even tempered to do it or else it backfires and they just owned space in your head.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
Not so surprisingly I love catching for that reason, getting into the other team's heads. AJ is about as good as anyone at that, and you have to be thinking and even tempered to do it or else it backfires and they just owned space in your head.

I hated AJ as a Twin. I love him as a White Sox. He's one of those guys that you hate unless he's one your team. The best example of another athlete that I can come up with is Dino Cicarelli who used to play for the Minnesota North Stars. I hated the guy, but I would have loved him if he was on the Blackhawks.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
I hated AJ as a Twin. I love him as a White Sox. He's one of those guys that you hate unless he's one your team. The best example of another athlete that I can come up with is Dino Cicarelli who used to play for the Minnesota North Stars. I hated the guy, but I would have loved him if he was on the Blackhawks.

Great example. I was at a game where the Stars refused to take the ice until all the anti-Dino stuff was taken down.

But I still could not stomach the Bulls signing Rodman.