8/17 Sox @ Oakland 3:05 pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gio will walk people... if our guys are patient enough not to go fishing after his offspeed stuff.

IMO, that will be the key to the game.

His curveball last time out was sick. He had Tampa players swinging at pitches that bounced off the plate.

Edited by scenario

Just be tied with the Twins after our Seattle series and I will feel very good. After that the Twinkles have the biggest road trip I have ever seen. But seriously, how pissed will people be if we go out and lay an egg against Seattle after Minny sweeps them?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
Griffey Jr. in CF today, no Swisher

It's truly ridiculous that Brian Anderson hasn't got a start in almost a month. Even in the time he has batted off the bench, he has hit well. What is Ozzie's beef with BA? At this point, he is a better hitter, IMO, and clearly a better defender than Griffey. Just give the kid one start please.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
Just be tied with the Twins after our Seattle series and I will feel very good. After that the Twinkles have the biggest road trip I have ever seen. But seriously, how pissed will people be if we go out and lay an egg against Seattle after Minny sweeps them?

Well I'm more pissed now considering Oakland won 4 of their last 27 and we didn't sweep them.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Well I'm more pissed now considering Oakland won 4 of their last 27 and we didn't sweep them.

I think there is a better chance Oakland can take one away from Minny.

I didn't see the pitching match-ups