Kyle Orton To Start The Season For Da Bears

Why would Orton's wife be mad that another woman thinks her husband is attractive? Or a better question, since women are not the most rational of creatures, why should she be mad?

Or is it because he was dancing. Yawn. I'm so glad my wife and me don't have these kinds of arguments.

Edited by lostfan

Neckbeard...hot? OK. As for Orton being the starter now...completely the right call IMO. I thought he looked like a new man out there last week now that he knows "he's the man". I'd be more concerned about the offensive line and Ron Turner's complete ineptness than the QB position.

Worse news I've heard so far from Halas was the Bears were in talks with Fred Miller bringing him back. I swear...I thought we were FINALLY rid of this guy. I'd rather have rookies Balogh and Barton (who I think are both keepers) up front than that lump. Gonna be a long year anyway IMO.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
Neckbeard...hot? OK. As for Orton being the starter now...completely the right call IMO. I thought he looked like a new man out there last week now that he knows "he's the man". I'd be more concerned about the offensive line and Ron Turner's complete ineptness than the QB position.

Again, this has to do with the fact that SF brought close to zero pass rush and has relatively little to do with Orton himself aside from the fact that he proves he isn't completely inept.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Again, this has to do with the fact that SF brought close to zero pass rush and has relatively little to do with Orton himself aside from the fact that he proves he isn't completely inept.

You mean little for the fact he hit the open man most of the time? This team goes as far as the O-line takes it (protection and run blocking-wise) IMO. The D...I just think people have figured out Lovie's Tampa Cover 2 and he's too damn stubborn to put in many wrinkles. And people who blame Babich IMO are ridiculous since he's basically Lovie's hand puppet when he canned a competent Rivera.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
You mean little for the fact he hit the open man most of the time?

Find me a QB who can NOT hit the open man most of that time with 5+ seconds to throw and only having to worry about his jersey occasionally being tubbed. Pretty much any QB can do it (even Rex who has done it multiple times against the same SF team), and the QB who cannot doesn't even belong in the NFL.

Also I think Rivera was an overrated coordinator who was a product of the elite personnel he had the luxury of calling plays for... he was not that good. The same things I complain about Babich doing, I complained about Rivera doing at some point. Rivera was a better playcaller but that's about all.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
Find me a QB who can NOT hit the open man most of that time with 5+ seconds to throw and only having to worry about his jersey occasionally being tubbed. Pretty much any QB can do it (even Rex who has done it multiple times against the same SF team), and the QB who cannot doesn't even belong in the NFL.

Too bad the Bears QBs don't have that option. I was about 7 rows away in the very 1st offensive series in SD last year when Miller almost got Grossman killed. Book out on Grossman...bring all-out pressure...he can't handle it. Like I said...we'll see how Kyle does. But I think he steps up and checks off better than Grossman.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
Also I think Rivera was an overrated coordinator who was a product of the elite personnel he had the luxury of calling plays for... he was not that good. The same things I complain about Babich doing, I complained about Rivera doing at some point. Rivera was a better playcaller but that's about all.

You pretty much validated my argument...both were Lovie's handpuppets...but Rivera was more resistant to it. Hell...Rivera will probably be the next HC after Lovie...which would fine by me (even though I'm on the Cowher bandwagon).

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
Too bad the Bears QBs don't have that option. I was about 7 rows away in the very 1st offensive series in SD last year when Miller almost got Grossman killed. Book out on Grossman...bring all-out pressure...he can't handle it. Like I said...we'll see how Kyle does. But I think he steps up and checks off better than Grossman.

I'm rooting for him of course. But I see zero reason so far (based off last year and this preseason, he gets a pass on his rookie year) to suspect he is going to suddenly step up, and become an accurate passer when he's under pressure. If he does, that's great. But I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
You pretty much validated my argument...both were Lovie's handpuppets...but Rivera was more resistant to it. Hell...Rivera will probably be the next HC after Lovie...which would fine by me (even though I'm on the Cowher bandwagon).

Something about Rivera makes me think he would be like Wannstedt as a HC.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
Something about Rivera makes me think he would be like Wannstedt as a HC.

I see your point there....but we'd see a much more aggressive D IMO. That's my biggest complaint about Lovie right now and that stale Tampa Cover 2. Everybody and their mom knows how to attack it right now I think and he's stubborn to a fault with it. I know Urlacher is a good defender...but I'd sure like to see him or Briggs sent after the QB more.

And if Lovie had Adams starting at tackle opening night...I'm gonna puke. As for Lovie...I was never thrilled with the hire in the first place. Look at the stats for his last few years with the Rams...they gave up yards by the mileage.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
I see your point there....but we'd see a much more aggressive D IMO. That's my biggest complaint about Lovie right now and that stale Tampa Cover 2. Everybody and their mom knows how to attack it right now I think and he's stubborn to a fault with it. I know Urlacher is a good defender...but I'd sure like to see him or Briggs sent after the QB more.

And if Lovie had Adams starting at tackle opening night...I'm gonna puke. As for Lovie...I was never thrilled with the hire in the first place. Look at the stats for his last few years with the Rams...they gave up yards by the mileage.

Dvoracek ftw. Stay healthy Dusty! I think if he does I have a feeling he has a monster year. Also Harrison is a 1st round talent that dropped to the 3rd because of his character issues.

The thing about the Cover 2 isn't that they don't try to manufacture pressure when the line isn't getting there... they do. But they just have dull, unimaginative blitz schemes. Urlacher just comes straight in, undisguised , and gets blocked. dunce.gif

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:26 PM)
Dvoracek ftw. Stay healthy Dusty! I think if he does I have a feeling he has a monster year. Also Harrison is a 1st round talent that dropped to the 3rd because of his character issues.

The thing about the Cover 2 isn't that they don't try to manufacture pressure when the line isn't getting there... they do. But they just have dull, unimaginative blitz schemes. Urlacher just comes straight in, undisguised , and gets blocked. dunce.gif

Hopefully Dusty stays healthy because he is a beast. Harrison will be in the rotation too...and I REALLY liked what I saw of Toeaina last year...he was always in the backfield. I hear ya about the blitz schemes. An argument could be made last year about the safety issues in terms of using the corner blitz. Tell ya...this team has just as much if not more talent than most D's in the league...but I just don't think Lovie knows how to utilize them.

I really wouldn't mind seeing them go young on the O-line either. IMO Barton was a steal in the 7th and I think Balogh is a diamond in the rough who very well could be starting later in the year. Williams back surgery could have a silver lining in the fact these two guys could see some significant playing time which will bode well for the future...and Williams comes back strong next year. If this team signs Fred Miller back though...I will friggin' puke. The Human Turnstile.

Don't even get me going on the fact Angelo got too cute for his own good in the '07 draft and passes on Ugoh and Blalock to trade down and take Bazuin, Okwo and Wolfe....WORTHLESS!!!!

Edited by Wanne

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoCalSouthSider59 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
Are you still? ;)

Orton didn't hurt us near as much as Forte or our own offense.

Losing Jeff Saturday hurts us quite a bit.

Oh well, s*** happens. I'm not as into the NFL this year with ISU bein decent.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
Orton didn't hurt us near as much as Forte or our own offense.

Losing Jeff Saturday hurts us quite a bit.

Oh well, s*** happens. I'm not as into the NFL this year with ISU bein decent.

I was just funnin' ya, :drink Forte did do a lot of damage Sunday night.........

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
Why would Orton's wife be mad that another woman thinks her husband is attractive? Or a better question, since women are not the most rational of creatures, why should she be mad?

Or is it because he was dancing. Yawn. I'm so glad my wife and me don't have these kinds of arguments.

+1

Couples who have those kind of fights spend life 80 percent miserable.

Edited by RockRaines