8/22 Rays vs White Sox 7:11 PM CDT - CSN

Metz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
And that doesn't really make any sense.

It does. They do everything right except hit, including managing. Everyone is ready to compare them to the late 20s Yankees and yet they just aren't that great as a unit. Like Tampa, for example.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
Maybe we should stop trading for relievers from KC.

Maybe Jenks should be in.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
It does. They do everything right except hit, including managing. Everyone is ready to compare them to the late 20s Yankees and yet they just aren't that great as a unit. Like Tampa, for example.

Who's ready to compare them to the '27 Yankees?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
HoRam has nothing on his pitches. Everything just rolls up to the plate. We went from having a stellar bullpen to having Adam Russell be the #3 guy behind Jenks and Thornton.

seriously, if we miss the playoffs it will certainly be on the pen...i never expected us to keep up the pace from the first half, that was just ridiculous, but boone logan s***ting himself, linebrink's "minor" injury that has now caused him to miss basically half the season, combined with dotel tossing BP in the second half has really come around to f*** us over

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
You can't pitch Jenks in a game you're down 2. I'll say this...we have no chance to make the playoffs unless Dotel steps up his game or Linebrink returns soon.

They have no closer right now, and after cutting the margin in half, you bring in your closer for an almost automatic scoreless inning.

Going to the bottom of the 9th down 2 makes me believe we still have a chance. Slim? Yeah. But it beats a 3+ run deficit.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
Who's ready to compare them to the '27 Yankees?

All the analysts have said with Tex now, they are a great offense. Well, I've yet to see that.

BTW- 3-0 MIN.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
You can't pitch Jenks in a game you're down 2. I'll say this...we have no chance to make the playoffs unless Dotel steps up his game or Linebrink returns soon.

Linebrink continues to play long-toss with Mark Prior. Liney's gone.

Forget Liney, which is exactly what KW should've done at the trading deadline.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 03:12 AM)
I definately see Poreda getting called up this year, whether it's starting or in the pen.

Bring him up, and put him in the bullpen. BTW everyone, I forgot about Carrasco. He's clearly our #3 reliever.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
I definately see Poreda getting called up this year, whether it's starting or in the pen.

lack of organizational depth has crushed us so far this year, while the twins and drays depth has really been their saving grace

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
They have no closer right now, and after cutting the margin in half, you bring in your closer for an almost automatic scoreless inning.

And if he gets hit around, you possibly lose him for the next game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
When can we play Seattle or KC again?

everyone is sayign that the twins schedule is difficult with the long road trips they have...and that certainly is difficult, but our schedule is f***ing brutal too

god it still makes me so mad knowing that dotel was f***ing smiling walking off the field after that bulls***

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 03:18 AM)
everyone is sayign that the twins schedule is difficult with the long road trips they have...and that certainly is difficult, but our schedule is f***ing brutal too

This upcoming road trip is huge.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)

god it still makes me so mad knowing that dotel was f***ing smiling walking off the field after that bulls***

You misunderstand. That was Octavio's special way of showing disappointment.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)

If you could assault the hell out of any person in the world right now, without getting arrested or whatever, who would it be?

;)