White Sox @ Red Sox 8-29

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 01:45 AM)
I'm gonna take the under. He looks awesome tonight.

Agreed, if he has this type of control, you tip your cap. Our hitters do look a little tired though, which is bound to happen. Losing games like tonight or this coming Monday are fine....but it's why you can't let the like of Rad Liz and Lance Cormier/Rocky Cherry defeat you.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
that,my freind is where we are fukked,we can t hit dice k nor Beckett,damn,he's mowing down our hitters,don t quite get how dice k is so hard to hit

He has like 23 pitches and his fastball has some nasty movement on it.

If we can't score 6 runs in 4 innings tomorrow, we're in trouble.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
that,my freind is where we are fukked,we can t hit dice k nor Beckett,damn,he's mowing down our hitters,don t quite get how dice k is so hard to hit

he has like 4 or 5 pitches, you basically have to guess right, or... god forbid understand the count and anticipate if the next pitch is going to be a ball or strike

dice-k is known for walking a lot of batters, more often than not if you're in an 0-2 count, he'll throw junk or fastballs out of the zone/busted inside, until you work him to 3-2 and then.. he'll bring the heat (95mph fastball to paulie on 3-2, called.)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
Don't we have something like 18 games left against teams above .500, the most in baseball?

something like that, though my comment had nothing to do w/ our remaining schedule

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 12:51 AM)
i don't see what the point is in discussing javy's struggles - he hasn't been that bad tonight. The story of this game is the role of b**** played by the white sox to one dice-k.

we're the only team cora hits.

nice job, aj.

Javy's allowed 10 hits in 5 innings of baseball...not exactly a stellar outing. However, this offense just looks lethargic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 04:53 PM)
Javy's allowed 10 hits in 5 innings of baseball...not exactly a stellar outing. However, this offense just looks lethargic.

but he's always been a strikeout pitcher and that allows him to get out of jams. always has. he's done well tonight, imo. Against another pitcher the Sox would be in this game.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
but he's always been a strikeout pitcher and that allows him to get out of jams. always has. he's done well tonight, imo. Against another pitcher the Sox would be in this game.

Get out of jams? Didn't DJ say that batters are hitting .292 against him with RISP and 2 outs?