Your current pulse for the 2008 White Sox...

watchtower41

What is your current pulse for the 2008 White Sox?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. With all the Cubby kool-aid that's being passed around our fair city this summer, its been kinda tough to gauge where the level of confidence is for the White Sox faithful. That being said, what is your current stauts of optimisim with this team? let's not get ahead of ourselves, I am only talking the division here.

• Confident. The division is ours to lose.
    • Excited yet scared. Recent struggles are worrisome but we may just have enough to pull this out.
    • Panicked. This team is in a downwhirl sprial and has been teasing us all year.
    • Indifferent. You are not sure how you feel about this team with only a mere 23 games remaining.

Minny still has 11 tough games on road before that key series... We still have a shot at this division. Im holding on to hope... This sucks, but we have guys who can still hit for power: Pauly is heating up, Thome has turned it around, JD has been clutch all year, Griffey can get hot, Swisher can get hot again, Alexie has been phenominal, OC has been clutch, AJ has had a great season offensively. We still have a very good lineup.... Its all up to our pitching. If our starters step it up, we get a healthy Linebrink back and if MacDougal has been rejuvinated, than our pen just got a whole heck of a lot better. Call me peter positive, but i believe we still have a shot at it.

Edited by GreatScott82

At the risk of pissing on the parade, I don't like our chances with Quentin possibly out for a while and the wear on Danks' young arm beginning to show. I could see MIN playing worse and us squeaking by to win the Central, but I really don't like our chances against the Angels or Rays.

JMHO.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
Minny still has 11 tough games on road before that key series... We still have a shot at this division. Im holding on to hope... This sucks, but we have guys who can still hit for power: Pauly is heating up, Thome has turned it around, JD has been clutch all year, Griffey can get hot, Swisher can get hot again, Alexie has been phenominal, OC has been clutch, AJ has had a great season offensively. We still have a very good lineup.... Its all up to our pitching. If our starters step it up, we get a healthy Linebrink back and if MacDougal has been rejuvinated, than our pen just got a whole heck of a lot better. Call me peter positive, but i believe we still have a shot at it.

Couldn't have said it better.